BABTAC or VTCT which one? help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JellyJane

Reaction score
Hi all

I have been looking for courses in my area (wakefield, west yorks) for Indian Head Massage & Body/Swedish Massage.
I have looked at doing a course with Helen McGuiness (home study) Anatomy & Physiology whereby you obtain a VCTC certificate and then I can go on and do the courses. I would have to travel to Southampton for the exam but thats not a problem for 1 day.

Basically a lot of the colleges and Helen Mcguiness issue a VCTC award/certificat which I know is nationally recognised but them other places like one I have seen in Leeds issue BABTAC certs.

I want one that will be nationally accepted/known and will allow me to go onto any course but I don't know which is the best one.

Most of the courses say you have to already the A&P but then when you read about the course it says it covers A&P - confused :confused:
I hope this makes sense

All help appreciated.:)

I can personally say helen McGuinness is a wonderfully truly inspiring woman,you can not go far wrong with her:)....I am currently studying reflexology and will be doing my final assessment with her,i was slightly confused about the A+P,as when i first did my level 2 and 3 in beauty therapy,and massage,my A+P was covered in this.

I did the VTCT initially in college....but personally if i did it all over again....i would do it privately at a small college with only a few students....i found when i was at college,they just have such big numbers,there was little motivation,but having said that,i did not let that hinder me.

I can not comment on BABTAC i do not know about that.

However if you e mail Helen she will always answer,actually e mail is better than calling her.

Good luck....but once you have your A+P this will give you good grounding:hug:

I can only comment on VTCT in Swedish massage, as that's what I originally did at college. I found it very thorough, and there was only about 14 in a class. I was lucky as my tutor there was extremely good and really knew his stuff. Since then I have done VTCT in waxing at a different college and although she apparently worked in a salon, the tutor there was not good and was very out dated. Which I think is why it took me a long time to become confident in waxing.

Latest posts

Back