Baby blue glitter fade..first attempt on someone else.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beautification

Reaction score
First time i've done a glitter fade on a client.. :/ was a bit anxious as when i tried it on myself it didn't look very good.

I think the color looks nice, the fading isn't too bad!
But I think the probably acrylic stuff around you cuticle isn't verry presentive.
So practice a bit more on that ^^

I like the baby blue colour and the fade ir nice:). The only thing I would be careful of is they look like they would lift, the Acrylic looks too close to the side walls:eek:. Hope that helps.

Thank you for your comments. You are both very right indeed, her thumb has started to lift! I don't usually get lifting apart from on myself unless my clients are lying to me!lol

I don't know why i struggle getting it flush with the cuticle :/

Got more nails to do this weekend with my new ezflow glitter on our lovely Carla Miller so will upload!

I really appreciate these comments when you do them yourself thing's like that you don't always notice a fresh pair of eyes are needed.

hi hun just something extra to add ... did you use a natural tip ? if so maybe next time try using clear as fades tend to look far nicer when done on clear ,
also maybe try using 2 colors a deeper blue would have looked good on the free edge then faded up to pale :green:
hope this helps a bit xx

I did use a natural tip yeh.

Baby blue is what she wanted shes obsessed with it bless her, hopefully i will get the chance to do them again. x

have a try on your self with the clear and see what ya think xxx

hi hun, don't be afraid to drag the glitter down zone 2 as Dee said, a clear tip gives a lovely look to a glitter nail, for a client who won't let you start with a darker shade, end with a lighter one, so as you come down to what would normally be your smile line add a bit of silver glitter to the baby blue or a white, CND used to do one called city of peace ( I think, might have been city of angels, I have both lol) you can do this by picking up a bead of the white and then a beed of the baby blue on top so when you lay your brush down the blue is on the nail first and as you pull the product down the white will flow behind it.
Zone 3 keep the bead nice and small and place it at the bottom of zone 2, then flatten your brush out so it's not your 45% angle, it's on a more gentle slope to the nail plate, then you pat push it down to the cuticle, stop just short of the end of the nail, wipe your brush of and place it over the laid down product, keep your brush flat to the nail plate, push down slightly and slide back towards zone 2. you should end up with a flush zone 3. Side walls are nice and straight but I've noticed that the line of light on one or two of your nails are not quiet straight, so a little bit more shaping needed when you are fileing.
Over all, I think your client should be pleased with these.:hug:

Thank you for your comment :)

I have done the white with a glitter before but never even thought about it to be honest i agree would of looked good.

Latest posts

Back