Baby Boomer nails?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

depths

Reaction score
I really like these 'Baby Boomer nails' but I'm very curious to know why they are called that? Anyone know?

Sent from my SM-G900I using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1414926233225.jpg
    1414926233225.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 1,647
No idea!
I always thought the term "Baby boomers" was for kids born just after the 2nd world war in the UK, that who are now in their 60's and 70's.

Thats what I thought too but I can't see the connection between that and the nails lol...

That type of nail looks like ombre French but I could be wrong but I've been looking everywhere to know how to do this !😁

Yeah it is, the easiest way I've found to do it is a bead of white at the free edge and feathered down the nail about 3/4 of the way, then a wet bead of cover pink at the cuticle area and feathered up over the white to give it a nice blended look. I still don't know why they are called Baby Boomer nails though!

Aww thanks for the tip I think I'm going to give that a go ! I've looked everywhere on Google but don't tell you why they are called this 😕 i want to know now !

Yes I saw that thread, damn I really want to know now lol someone must know!!

i trained with alessandro and they do teach you babyboomer, im wondering if it is a german thing!

i trained with alessandro and they do teach you babyboomer, im wondering if it is a german thing!

I thought that from the pictures I've seen ... Some have had German written on them :) ( Google translator told me 😂)

Hmm so maybe we need a german nail tech to help us lol!

il try and find out, the salon i used to work at is an Alessandro training academy, and Alessandro is a german brand so the boss should know lol! although im pretty sure we asked her why they were called babyboomer and she didnt know! haha!

Always wondered this too so looking forward to finding out!!!

Anyone find this out?

😢😢 noo I didn't :( ️xx

Pretty simple... It's inspired by the fashions of the 60's. This is a good article on styles of that era but no mention of nails though. The trend was white nails.
Women's 1960s Makeup: An Overview - HAIR AND MAKEUP ARTIST HANDBOOK

I thought I might add how I did mine in the picture. These are my Natural Nails with a hard gel overlay with CND Brisa Gel. I did this effect with CND Shellac; Nude Knickers, Cream Puff and Moonlight and Roses.
One coat of Nude Knickers, cure, then sponge on (makeup sponge) Cream Puff as far down as you want to go, cure. Don't get the sponge too saturated or you won't get a light colour. Go over the tips again with Cream Puff to make them a bit sharper if you want, cure. I put a coat of Moonlight and Roses over top of everything because it just seems to blend it and make it softer. Then I top coat of course.
I've only ever used Shellac even on top of an enhancement. I've never even tried anything else.
When a client wants this effect, I charge $5 on top of my price for one colour Shellac.

Last edited:
Any ideas how something similar could be achieved with a gel polish?

Any ideas how something similar could be achieved with a gel polish?

Hello there's a tutorial on YouTube by Shannon Underwood who shows you how to achieve this with Acrylic, Hard gel and Gelish 😊

This might help...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    162.6 KB · Views: 165

Latest posts

Back