Baby shower help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vickychicky_

Reaction score
Hi ladies!

My best friend is expecting next year and I've decided with a few girls to throw her a baby shower.

I am the singleton of the group and everyone else is married with kids etc, I have no idea what I'm doing!!

Have sorted the invites and once I have numbers will sort the venue, what kind of games etc to do. Do you give out little party bags? What do you put in them? I organised her hen party and it was brilliant. All the girls enjoyed it and I made up little goodie bags with hen party things in, so what would I put in baby shower ones?!

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Thanks [emoji5]️

I had my baby shower last sunday. My friends did a little buffet, cupcakes and we played a couple of games. The first game was various chocolate bars melted into nappies to look like poo and we had to guess what chocolate was in each nappy, the second game everyone got given a long bit of string and they had to guess how long it had to be to fit round my bump. This turned out to be a real laugh because most people were way off, apparently my bump looks twice the size it actually is! The third game was where everyone wrote down on a piece of paper what date and time they think baby will come, what they think baby will be called, weight of baby at birth and if mum to be doesnt know sex then they could guess that as well. All the guesses were folded up and put in an envelope and im not allowed to look at them until baby is born. Whoever guessed right gets a prize when baby is born.

Thank you so much, that's really helpful, I'd heard of the nappy game and I've calmed down a tad about it now, I can breathe [emoji23] it's not till April so still plenty time xxx

Getting them to guess the famous baby is a good one.You can get the pics off the internet and you can include your friend as a baby and her partner.Also guess the famous parents ie you could have a pic of north kardashian or Eric cowell maggie Simpson and they have to guess the parents

I love the nappy game it was really funny watching everyone sniff them lol, we had a game at my cousins where she had loads of baby pics of everyone at the party and we had to guess who it was, winner won a baby bottle full of sweeties :) I love baby showers :D I had a nappy cake made as a gift too it looked like a real cake but it's made out of nappies & blankets

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    972.7 KB · Views: 47
We had a baby shower for my friend in Oct, we had baby bingo and pin the dummy on the baby, was very funny doing it in a hotel restaurant full of tourists lol! As a gift, everyone got a little bracelet that came with a poem about keeping it on until the baby was born, can't remember it exactly but it was cute :)

Someone I know gave candles out to light when the baby was born with a poem on out at her baby shower I thought it was a lovely idea. Think the poem was something like
Take this candle and set alight when the stork had made his flight
If that's not it I like that too [emoji23] xx

Latest posts

Back