Babyboomer/ombre nails help

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Laurakel88

Reaction score
Hi All,
I'm new here currently training as a nail tech and will be qualified next week. I have been trying to perfect the Baby Boomer/ Ombré effect but I am really struggling. I can't get the blend quite right and they end up quite 'milky' looking.
Can anybody give me any advice as to how to get them right?
I am using NSI Radiant White & Purely pink masque

Thanks everyone x

I've just qualified myself so no personal advice I'm afraid but you tube have some great tutorials x

It's a hard one to perfect if you're still getting to grips with your products.
I would definitely watch loads of YouTube tutorials, I recommend Gemma Lambert and the nail team.
Don't think this has really helped but keep at it :) x

I've just qualified myself so no personal advice I'm afraid but you tube have some great tutorials x
Thanks girls.. I've been watching YouTube videos but just wondering if it's not the right products I'm using or there was a certain trick that they aren't disclosing. I'm also unsure if the white I'm using is 'too white'. I've just ordered the CJP ombré kit so hoping I'll have better luck with this x

It's a hard one to perfect if you're still getting to grips with your products.
I would definitely watch loads of YouTube tutorials, I recommend Gemma Lambert and the nail team.
Don't think this has really helped but keep at it :) x
Cheers I'll have a look at them and keep at it, since the beginning of my course all I've wanted to master is the ombré effect :) x

I agree with Welshie17. Ombré isn't easy to master. You need the ratio spot on and application as you need to work quicker.
I apply the white and as soon as I've patted the bead down I blend it upwards, wetting my brush if needed to ensure there is no noticeable line.
I use a large bead and place it right at the cuticle tilting the nail down. Pat it down then blend immediately. Only blend the bottom of it down. If you drag from too far up the nail you'll pull down too much product.
I always start with the strongest colour first and if doing nude and white I cap the blend with a sheer pink, other colours in clear.
Hope that makes sense!
Here's 3,
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1498390048.495010.jpg
using different colours.
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1498389993.072496.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1498390006.457904.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back