Babyliss perfect curl

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It should beep and not close if there's too much hair as there's a safety on it ?xx

O yeah that's true, maybe not being held in the correct position? I wonder if it is a pro one or a cheaper bought one? X

Just seen it is a slightly cheaper one, maybe they don't have the safety catch on them to stop you putting too much hair in? X

Has anyone had any issues with their hair tangling up and getting caught in it?

I've pulled so much out that it's really put me off using it again and I now have hair caught in the barrel and can't get it out. This also happened with my friend doing it for me. I don't wanna end up bald!!

Are you making sure you're combing your hair through before use. So NO knots at all? X

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Sorry it's not a fake, I bought mine in Costco.

I think at first that yes, maybe I was putting in too much hair, but not recently and there is a ton of hair that's pulled out and wrapped around the barrel. Even when the safety thing has gone off, it's still getting caught in there. I have rang Babyliss and they want me to send it back to them, so we shall see but it has put me off.

Sorry it's not a fake, I bought mine in Costco.

I think at first that yes, maybe I was putting in too much hair, but not recently and there is a ton of hair that's pulled out and wrapped around the barrel. Even when the safety thing has gone off, it's still getting caught in there. I have rang Babyliss and they want me to send it back to them, so we shall see but it has put me off.

Does seem strange as I've not had a single hair snap!? Maybe it's faulty xxx

Does anyone know the difference between the pro and normal one thats found in boots etc?

Also regarding tangling, If I put too much hair in it beeps and stops moving, never had any hair caught in it so I assume its faulty?

It still can't be the professional one if its alot cheaper, it hasnt got all the settings the pro one has got. let us know what they say, it might be a faulty one x

Mine has all the heat and directional and timer settings. It does stop moving if too much hair is loaded in or it's held back to front...but sometimes even with a small amount of hair if there is any kind of knot or tangle it stops mid curl...and sticks, hair does come free eventually lol

I am a trained hairdresser but non practising...it will only be my hair it's used on so I'm happy with it...if I had a salon I would use one bought from a professional supplier, if only for the back up. Although mine does have a warranty card in the box...tempted to send it in. Also I dare say the price will come down as the market floods with them.

It still can't be the professional one if its alot cheaper, it hasnt got all the settings the pro one has got. let us know what they say, it might be a faulty one x

Why not? Costco are trade only, the idea being you mark up and resell...just like their TVs, computers catering equipment etc Boots sell them too at Sally's etc prices but with advantage card points and offers etc chances are it would be cheaper there too.

It's not the Pro Curl version (professional) but it is the Secret Curl version (consumer version), and the only difference between them both is the fact that the Pro Curl has all 3 different varieties of curl and the consumer version only has the 1 setting (random). The rest is exactly the same, same size barrel, same heat.

I think that because there is hair already in the barrel, this may be causing problems, will let you all know after I've sent it back to Babyliss, or possibly Costco may let me exchange it (fingers crossed). :)

If your hair is below shoulder length it will have a tendency to catch more as the barrel is not quite big enough for very long hair. If your hair is quite long I would suggest starting the curl lower down the hair

My friend has purchased a pro curl, it has 3 dials but no numbers or writing next to them to say what is what, is it a dodgy one? X

My friend has purchased a pro curl, it has 3 dials but no numbers or writing next to them to say what is what, is it a dodgy one? X

Hmmmm that sounds a bit dodgy... mine has numbers etc xxx

Hmmmm that sounds a bit dodgy... mine has numbers etc xxx

That's what I thought, mine have numbers etc on aswell x

She has just found the numbers on them, she wasn't looking properly! Haha x

Update!!

I took mine back to Costco and they gave me a full refund. I haven't bought another one as it's really put me off!!

When my hair was getting caught, most of the time it would just beep and free easily but then I had a few issues where it would beep, stop curling and hold the hair in the barrel without releasing, problem was my hair was still being heated in the barrel and as a result it has frazzled parts of it.

I was obviously just unlucky as the amount of great feedback and reviews it's getting proves what a good product it is. :)

hi all I don't know if any of you are extensionists at all but you cannot use this on hair extensions, it was all over twitter the other day as someone asked and was told no by the company

Maybe the company recommends not to use it with extentions, but we use it at the salon all the time with all sorts of different extentions, as long as they are human hair, it's no different than natural hair. We have used it with bonded, linked, sewn, braided, and glued extentions with no problems, in fact 3 weeks ago, we curled a whole wig with it!

I didn't think it was possible to get tangled. ..:scared:

Yeah. you can. Usually it's from tangled hair to begin with, or too much hair in one section going into the machine (which we call a "curling hammer" in our salon, since it kinda looks like a hammer).

I have fairly thick top of the butt length hair, and as long as the sections are very small, I can do my whole head from the scalp down with no issues.

I'm loving this thing. Cuts down the time for Bridal/Formal hair from 1-2hrs, to 45-75 mins.:)

Love love love mine

Latest posts

Back