Back pains

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kezza1

Reaction score
Hi guys, this isn't "hair" related but "hairdressing" related, does anyone experience back and shoulder pains?

I'm a mobile hairdresser and recently my back has been getting twinges and almost locking!! :-( I have always suffered from back aches being a hairdresser but the pain is completely different and wondered if anyone els gets it too?

It feels like my shoulder blade gets stuck and the twinges are all on one side, I also get the pain on the top of my shoulder and up my neck

I know everyone will say see a doctor just wondered if anyone els has experienced this pain too?? X

Hi guys, this isn't "hair" related but "hairdressing" related, does anyone experience back and shoulder pains?

I'm a mobile hairdresser and recently my back has been getting twinges and almost locking!! :-( I have always suffered from back aches being a hairdresser but the pain is completely different and wondered if anyone els gets it too?

It feels like my shoulder blade gets stuck and the twinges are all on one side, I also get the pain on the top of my shoulder and up my neck

I know everyone will say see a doctor just wondered if anyone els has experienced this pain too?? X

Every day! I get mine under my shoulder blade and like small pulses and tickles going down from there. Xoxo

I suffer with my neck x

Yes me too :( I just get on with it and put it down to posture, I do love yoga and find its fabulous with regards to aches and pains (also aids sleep, digestion, stress, posture and sex life ;) as well as numerous other things) x

Probably due to incorrect height chairs and leaning over baths etc.

My hands hurt when I blowdry. Lot ;(.

Every day! I get mine under my shoulder blade and like small pulses and tickles going down from there. Xoxo

Have you seen a doctor?? It happened 3 times last week and is getting pretty bad now :-(

Yep, I suffer with my back more so since I've been mobile. I think its all the awkward bending over peoples baths & sinks!xxx

Sent from my HTC Desire S using SalonGeek

i sneezed earlier this year and put my back out (joys of getting old) but i was a dental nurse for years and had the same type of pain, i found Pilates really helped me x

i sneezed earlier this year and put my back out (joys of getting old) but i was a dental nurse for years and had the same type of pain, i found Pilates really helped me x

Ooh thank you. Might be able to put the cocodamol away for once. Xoxo

Yes I am mobile too and I know a doctor will say its to do with my posture at work but its impossible to have a perfect posture.

I have seen a chiropractor in the past the amount of clicks my bones made with them pushing and twisting , sorted me out though ! X

Ooh thank you. Might be able to put the cocodamol away for once. Xoxo
i must have a hardcore doctor, he gave me dihydrocodiene, i had one at work and swore the wall clock melted! you can pick up some basic pilates moves online,even the warm up stretches help x

Hey hunni take some ibruprofen as its an anti inflammatory just to see you through, but deffo make a docs appointment soon, by the sounds of it could be a trapped nerve, perhaps get a professional massage with a reflexologist? There all good with pressure points lol, hot baths too! Hope your feeling better really soon darling, I feel your pain!! Xxx

i must have a hardcore doctor, he gave me dihydrocodiene, i had one at work and swore the wall clock melted! you can pick up some basic pilates moves online,even the warm up stretches help x

An having a hydrocortisone injection next week, my mum had her first set allong her neck last week and now swears by them xoxo

An having a hydrocortisone injection next week, my mum had her first set allong her neck last week and now swears by them xoxo
oohh,let me know how it goes x

oohh,let me know how it goes x

Will do, that's if I don't bottle it if I see a needle. I'm hoping its the nurse doing it, as she knows I'm terrified of needles has me lie face down on the bed and talks so much she distracts me.
I will ask for them tablets too though, I was going to ask for morpheme tablets after trying my partners mums ones, they sorted it out perfectly xoxo

thats the best distraction technique, i rabbited on so much that patients had their anaesthetic before they knew it x

I know how you feel! Please please please see an osteopath or get a deep tissue massage until your doctor refers you don't leave it too long! I have problems from whip lash in my neck but it affects my job sometimes. I get simply health through work where you pay a small amount each month but can claim back dentistry, optical care, osteopath etc etc it may be worth investing in geeks xx

I've had a bad back since falling down stairs at 18 weeks pregnant 14 years ago. The only thing that stops the pain is daily Pilates which works on strengthening your core muscles helping to stabilise you. Every time I stop doing the Pilates because I think my back is fine the pain soon comes back.

It does need to be done properly though so it's worth starting off with a good class. Hope you feel better soon x

Latest posts

Back