Back pains

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yep, I suffered this exact same pain for a year, it spread up my neck & arm. I had physio & chiropractic which helped but the one thing that's really sorted it is Yogalates (mixture of yoga & pilates). Helps maintain my posture & develop core strength and I really know about it if I don't do it for a few weeks. Painkillers etc can only do so much, you have to work on the cause of the pain. x

Can the classes and chiropractors be claimed against expenses? Xoxo

I am a massage therapist and swap skills with a hairdresser it sorts her back and shoulder problems out brilliantly and i get my grey stripe covered lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I've got a herniated disc now but I suffer all over, lower back, neck, shoulders. I see my chiro regularly, also do Pilates weekly. My chiro says I'm getting "hairdressers back" that hunched look )-:. I to have Simply Health and use my full quota yearly. Unfortunately none of this can be claimed under expenses.

I won't bend over clients baths anymore, I have a comfy wash I put on their kitchen sinks but that still hurts my shoulders and it doesn't fit a lot of sinks. More reason we should charge more I reckon!

Yes, I to suffer from constant back pain. I phoned my local hospitals physiotherapy department and booked myself an appointment. They gave me advice and a back exercise program. He also advised me to go swimming which has helped alot. I have also joined a gym as I need to loose around 4 stone. This should help me dramatically, I hope. :confused:

I hurt my back 5 years ago when I decided to do Sumersaults in my car. I've been to physio 4 times and they can't find a problem lol I've had 2 children since then and had to have my pelvis belted both times.
Mine often feels like an elastic band snapping when it goes and I get shooting pain down my leg, I cannot lie on the floor to play with the children or I can't get up. I walk with a hobble some days too :( doctors just say take paracetamol and ibuprofen....doesn't bloody work. So I sympathise with every one of you with back pain. It's no fun! X

I hurt my back 5 years ago when I decided to do Sumersaults in my car. I've been to physio 4 times and they can't find a problem lol I've had 2 children since then and had to have my pelvis belted both times.
Mine often feels like an elastic band snapping when it goes and I get shooting pain down my leg, I cannot lie on the floor to play with the children or I can't get up. I walk with a hobble some days too :( doctors just say take paracetamol and ibuprofen....doesn't bloody work. So I sympathise with every one of you with back pain. It's no fun! X

Shooting pains down your leg sounds like Sciatica. There must be some pressure on your Sciatic nerve which causes this pain. Sometimes people have burst discs in their spine which pinches the nerve. Can also be other problems in the spine which cause this pain.
Nothing worse than constant back pain. (quite depressing sometimes) :cry:

Anyone had acupuncture ? Reading all this makes me wonder why we all do our job! ;)

I do HD Brows no stop, so I need brought a back brace off eBay and wear it under my uniform to support my posture, hope that helps. I paid $20 for mine x

Hi guys, this isn't "hair" related but "hairdressing" related, does anyone experience back and shoulder pains?

I'm a mobile hairdresser and recently my back has been getting twinges and almost locking!! :-( I have always suffered from back aches being a hairdresser but the pain is completely different and wondered if anyone els gets it too?

It feels like my shoulder blade gets stuck and the twinges are all on one side, I also get the pain on the top of my shoulder and up my neck

I know everyone will say see a doctor just wondered if anyone els has experienced this pain too?? X

sounds like c5,c6 damage creating referred pain, go to the docs, get an xray, then see a physio

An having a hydrocortisone injection next week, my mum had her first set allong her neck last week and now swears by them xoxo

they don't always work, and don't last forever, injections are more for swelling based pains.

I had one, it didn't do a thing ..... just to add when they did mine, I was laid on my back, my head taped down facing to one side, I had a CT scan at the same time (to judge placement and depth of the needle), they inject, then scan, put it in further, then scan, then go all the way (they need to see for accuracy), even though I felt like I had been abducted by aliens (because I had no prior knowledge), there was very little pain, I did feel woozy, (just at the thought), but it all went well, I expected way to much and had no results whatsoever (it takes up to a week to take effect).
I'm sharing this just to let you know my experience, so you know what to expect (or not), I'm glad I didn't pay for it, as the whole thing did nothing for me .... but it's an interesting conversation at dinner parties..... I really expected them to lay me face down (nope), I expected the needle through my back (nope), they went in through the side of my neck ........ again, even though it sounds quite graphic, very little pain ..... and for you, it may just work .... good luck

they don't always work, and don't last forever, injections are more for swelling based pains.

I had one, it didn't do a thing ..... just to add when they did mine, I was laid on my back, my head taped down facing to one side, I had a CT scan at the same time (to judge placement and depth of the needle), they inject, then scan, put it in further, then scan, then go all the way (they need to see for accuracy), even though I felt like I had been abducted by aliens (because I had no prior knowledge), there was very little pain, I did feel woozy, (just at the thought), but it all went well, I expected way to much and had no results whatsoever (it takes up to a week to take effect).
I'm sharing this just to let you know my experience, so you know what to expect (or not), I'm glad I didn't pay for it, as the whole thing did nothing for me .... but it's an interesting conversation at dinner parties..... I really expected them to lay me face down (nope), I expected the needle through my back (nope), they went in through the side of my neck ........ again, even though it sounds quite graphic, very little pain ..... and for you, it may just work .... good luck

Good lord! I hope that sounds worse than it is lol. I cringed reading it. I hate hate needles :(

Definately sciatica! I get it regularly, chiro is the only thing that sorts mine, plus diclafenic nothing else works x

Shooting pains down your leg sounds like Sciatica. There must be some pressure on your Sciatic nerve which causes this pain. Sometimes people have burst discs in their spine which pinches the nerve. Can also be other problems in the spine which cause this pain.
Nothing worse than constant back pain. (quite depressing sometimes) :cry:

Definately sciatica! I get it regularly, chiro is the only thing that sorts mine, plus diclafenic nothing else works x

Thanks ill look into chiro :)

I developed terrible back and shoulder pains that flair up at he shampoo basin. Also have issues with my hands stiffening and freezing up in the middle of haircuts... I swear by both acupuncture and chiropractic adjustment.

I get the same thing in the same place almost all the time when I blow dry , I have never done anything about it but Pilates and yoga sounds good :)

I developed terrible back and shoulder pains that flair up at he shampoo basin. Also have issues with my hands stiffening and freezing up in the middle of haircuts... I swear by both acupuncture and chiropractic adjustment.

I get this and loose all grip in my hand! Dropped a set of clippers once :(

ive had hydocortisone in my shoulders, neck and head for years due to hairdressing! I always hurt, but i love my work!

I get the same thing in the same place almost all the time when I blow dry , I have never done anything about it but Pilates and yoga sounds good :)

Yoga changed my life! Amazing!

I get this and loose all grip in my hand! Dropped a set of clippers once :(

It can make getting through Haircuts excruciating at times! Blah!

Latest posts

Back