Back wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paigey G

Reaction score
Hi have got my first mans back wax tomorrow any tips? Am a bit nervous!!:lol:

You'll be fine, just be professional and don't let on it's your first!!!. Good luck xx

I actually enjoy doing back waxes..
Nice and easy.. Unless you have a TOTALLY covered hairy back like I did on my friend's partner last year which is a bit more of a challenge!! :green:

Most men have just got small patches of hair so obviously it's just a case of applying and removing the wax in the right direction!

As the previous post says; be professional and confident and you'll be fine!! :green:

xxx

Backs are ace!!

Just make sure you get them to pull their pants down slightly so you can take the waxed hairline down below the top of their pants / trousers so they don't have a line of hair at the base of their back.

Make sure you wipe over with pre wax cleanser as the area is naturally sweaty and the wax can stick a bit more to the skin. Also if using warm wax apply a very fine coating of talc to provide a barrier between skin and wax.

If its his first wax too try and make sure he relaxes and breathes as it will hurt less.

Do small patches if hes really hairy and check the direction of hair growth as it does grow in a lot of different directions.

Dont forget to give him his aftercare advise and try and suggest using a tea tree body wash/moisturiser on his back to help prevent infected follicles.

And get him to re-book in 4-5 weeks time as the more regular he has it done the finer the hair and the easier it is.

And hopefully he will be a client for life. Good Luck!!!

Kate

:lol:Thanx guys!!! All went well and client really pleased hurrah!!

I love doing back waxing so easy one big area.

Dont be nervous, you will be fine, and just think he cant see your face anyway, so no problem if you get a little red in the face!

Good luck
:hug:

Latest posts

Back