Bad mouthing other companies, rude or opinion?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Prettyflamingo

Reaction score
I have noticed of late bad mouthing of particular " named salons " within our industry , in my opinion this is undignified and juvenile . Sweeping statements are frequently made in reference to particular brands . Not all stylist within companies are the same . I find it highly offensive and inappropriate to tar all staff of large companies with the same brush . I'm feeling a little bit more respect for our industry professionals and each other wouldn't go amiss . This isn't aimed to be a controversial post , just to emphasise the importance of respect and appreciation for our co-pros!! Peace !! What do we think ? X

I agree and also believe alot is down to jealousy

I agree and also believe alot is down to jealousy

Yes I agree with that too !! Maybe it's our philosophy that's ingrained on me but I wouldn't dream of bad mouthing another professional or company !!

Bad mouthing or slating other stylist/companies/brands is a poor way to make you feel better at your career and just makes you look a bit like a green eyed monster who's not happy within themselves!

Bad mouthing or slating other stylist/companies/brands is a poor way to make you feel better at your career and just makes you look a bit like a green eyed monster who's not happy within themselves!

Wow that's sooooo trueeee.
Some hairdresser coz use loreal, wella or igora when. Others use different brand they are crap. I don't think so they may not be good for u but doesn't mean they are crap anyone has a preference. I use wella loreal ion rusk and I like all. Xx

I agree it's not good to name and shame, but I will say that these chain salons have lost what a salon is. There are chains of salons owned by one person and that person knows every single persons name and the staff know them, the ones I think you are referring to are moving into the realm of shops where the staff are only a number and such the staff don't need to be accountable to that exact person who owns the place but to a hr person or area manager. Xoxo

I have noticed of late bad mouthing of particular " named salons " within our industry , in my opinion this is undignified and juvenile . Sweeping statements are frequently made in reference to particular brands . Not all stylist within companies are the same . I find it highly offensive and inappropriate to tar all staff of large companies with the same brush . I'm feeling a little bit more respect for our industry professionals and each other wouldn't go amiss . This isn't aimed to be a controversial post , just to emphasise the importance of respect and appreciation for our co-pros!! Peace !! What do we think ? X

I agree

Wow that's sooooo trueeee.
Some hairdresser coz use loreal, wella or igora when. Others use different brand they are crap. I don't think so they may not be good for u but doesn't mean they are crap anyone has a preference. I use wella loreal ion rusk and I like all. Xx
Yes that's your preference however I'm referring to salons as oppose to products thiago , people should not be so disrespectful as to bad mouth other salons or companies that they have or do work for

Yes that's your preference however I'm referring to salons as oppose to products thiago , people should not be so disrespectful as to bad mouth other salons or companies that they have or do work for

I know
I agree with you

I agree it's not good to name and shame, but I will say that these chain salons have lost what a salon is. There are chains of salons owned by one person and that person knows every single persons name and the staff know them, the ones I think you are referring to are moving into the realm of shops where the staff are only a number and such the staff don't need to be accountable to that exact person who owns the place but to a hr person or area manager. Xoxo

Yes , I understand that this is happening within some franchises and yes people can get greedy and some franchises are poorly managed however this doesn't mean that all salons within that brand are the same , to make such a generalised comment such as " they are crap " for instance , is very unprofessional and quite frankly reflects poorly on the individuals who say these things ! Just here to promote respect for each other !!

I live by the mantra that bad mouthing someone else doesn't make you look better...it makes you look worse. If I visited a professional who slated their fellow professionals, I wouldn't go back. Clients ask me what. Think of x y and z salon and I answer the same every time, I've never been so I don't know.

I know
I agree with you

I'm glad you do , it should be instilled in up and coming hairdressers to appreciate other salons aswell as the environments we are a part of ,

I live by the mantra that bad mouthing someone else doesn't make you look better...it makes you look worse. If I visited a professional who slated their fellow professionals, I wouldn't go back. Clients ask me what. Think of x y and z salon and I answer the same every time, I've never been so I don't know.

Exactly !!! It's undignified and irrelevant !! Even more so if you have never worked for the salon/ company in question , although in the scheme of things that's irrelevant too !!

I work for a big company and I don't think I'm better or worse than independent salons or smaller companies. One good point of working for a large company is better access to training.
Even though it's a bit company I find our general manager and company director knows a lot of staff by name. Some will be just numbers but thy are getting alot better at being more personal with staff.

I work for a big company and I don't think I'm better or worse than independent salons or smaller companies. One good point of working for a large company is better access to training.
Even though it's a bit company I find our general manager and company director knows a lot of staff by name. Some will be just numbers but thy are getting alot better at being more personal with staff.

Yep me too !! Although when I lived in Australia I worked for an independant salon aswell , I'm not bring biased !! I just find it really disrespectful !!the company I work for is huge and I am proud to work for them , we not only were revolutionary within the industry but we massively contribute to charity , to be slated on a public forum is not only ludicrous and unprofessional and not to mention derogatory and

Yep me too !! Although when I lived in Australia I worked for an independant salon aswell , I'm not bring biased !! I just find it really disrespectful !!the company I work for is huge and I am proud to work for them , we not only were revolutionary within the industry but we massively contribute to charity , to be slated on a public forum is not only ludicrous and unprofessional and not to mention derogatory and

* damn phone .... And embarrassing , but laughable !! I feel passionate about this as I think us hairdressers put up with enough from our clients without our co-pros adding fuel to the fire !!

I worked for a big company before kids and loved it,

Owners knew all staff by name and were very hands on too,

So many opportunities and training was amazing, worked with fantastic stylists

I personally would hate to work in a small side street salon!

I was at wella studios today an was on an advance perming course. It was 2 big company's mixed an even though we were rivals we all got on great. And I got a better insight of how the other Company works an does things too which is even better.

I was at wella studios today an was on an advance perming course. It was 2 big company's mixed an even though we were rivals we all got on great. And I got a better insight of how the other Company works an does things too which is even better.

Exactly ! We should be using each others skills to create great hair !! That's what we're all ultimately here for isnt it ? !!

Latest posts

Back