Bad News re. Product Sensitivity And Over Exposure!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mrs.Clooney

Positive Geek
Reaction score
Hi Peeps, Yesterday I posted as to how excited I was to have gorgeous nails again after Jac Extreme enhanced them with L&P. I had no problems and went to bed last night a very happy bunny. I woke up this morning and my index finger and thumb on my right hand are itchy/burning as is my left thumb on skin fold around cuticles. Also the weirdest thing has happened, as the L&P on one of my fingers has sort of melted/seeped overnight into the cuticles:eek: . Really strange as it definitely WAS NOT like this when I went to bed last night! Jac and I have discussed this and I am going for a soak off a lunch time today as Jac says the L&P is still curing and could make my reaction worse. Yes I was very gutted this morning but am actually feeling quite upbeat now. I think this is because I have given myself time over the last few months to come to terms with possibly having to give up my nail business. There is a possibility I may be able to do fabric and I can continue to do manis and pedis but there is not as huge a market for the latter. I suppose I can also learn to do eyelash tinting/perming and waxing although I will miss nails:cry: .
Anyway, I have shared this as I think this info is important for any tech having the same problems or those of you who are not aware that overexposure can be a problem if you are not careful handling your products. Don't be blase about how you apply your gels etc. If you see this problem in the future then I sincerely hope this info helps. This has been a huge learning curve for me, be it a sad one. Thanks for listening. xx

Have you tried CND Brisa gel this is marketed hypoallergenic and says so on the jars. I note that yesterday you said on the thread that The CND L&P was hypoallergenic....I am about to take my CND Masters and have NOT been told that any of them are hypoallergenic except Brisa gel. Might be worth a trial run on one nail just to see.

Yes, Brisa is another option and Jac is checking out the scale of sensitivity for me and speaking to a couple of educators. Also, and I found this interesting because I wasn't aware of this, but L&P takes 48 hrs to fully cure and it is uncured product which I am sensitive to. This is why I am having a soak off today. Great pity because my nails look lovely. I will have to let all the inflamation settle before I try anything else though. Could take up to a month.

I'm very sorry to hear this :-(

Is there any possibility that you could do wraps instead or dips?

keep us posted.

hugs:hug:

Aww Tracey hun - I feel for you so much - your enhancements were fab - but with a bit of luck you may be able to carry on with your business using a different service product.

You are right about the product taking up to 48hrs to cure. If I remember rightly it takes only about 5 mins to harden enough to enable the product to be filed/buffed etc but it continues to harden over the next 48hrs - this is another reason why some clients nails just ping off if they knock or bang them within this time period as it weakens them.

Fingers crossed that you can work with the gel or fabric xx:hug:

Hi Tracey,

Been lurking but not posting. Is it possible for you to try wearing gloves and carry on doing nails before giving up? If I get any l&p powder on my fingers they itch like crazy but I don't have any problems when I wear gloves.

I can do silk, fibreglass, and fabric fine. Not yet done the Brisa gel course but I've never had a reaction to other gels.

Pix

Hi

Im really sorry to hear this, it must be awful. You should be fine with Brisa or Fabric. A friend of mine wears gloves when working and wears Brisa on herself and it works so there is hope at the end of the tunnel.

HTH x

hi hun...

really sorry to hear about your reaction, must be so disappointing for you.

I just wanted to say, that I had a similar reaction before xmas, that lasted till feb. but by wearing gloves all the time, i am now ok.

I wear gloves for probably 95% of treatments now, and so far no reactions... so you may not be able to wear enhancments, but i'm sure you;ll be able to continue your career ... WITH GLOVES!

all the best chick! x

Thank you for you replies. My enhancements have now been removed and my skin condition worsened as the morning wore on until the l&P was removed. By this evening all my fingers are affected but I am drenching in Solar Oil. I'm a stubborn old bat and won't give up yet!

Mrs.Clooney said:
Thank you for you replies. My enhancements have now been removed and my skin condition worsened as the morning wore on until the l&P was removed. By this evening all my fingers are affected but I am drenching in Solar Oil. I'm a stubborn old bat and won't give up yet!
dont worry Tracey, we will get there in the end. this is the first time I have had a client with an allergic reaction to the products so I am learning too.

hi hun

i suffer really badly with l&p through over exposure, i have been wearing Brisa Gel for sometime now with absolutely no problems hun

I still offer l&p enhancements to my clients, i wear two pairs of nitrile gloves on my right hand and one with the thumb cut out on the other ! lol (this is so i can feel when im buffing), I have found that nitrile gloves do allow the liquid through so i wear exzema tape round my three fingers i hold my l&p brush with - this has been working for me for ages now

i can also wear akzentz gel with no problems

kxx

Mrs.Clooney said:
Yes, Brisa is another option and Jac is checking out the scale of sensitivity for me and speaking to a couple of educators. Also, and I found this interesting because I wasn't aware of this, but L&P takes 48 hrs to fully cure and it is uncured product which I am sensitive to. This is why I am having a soak off today. Great pity because my nails look lovely. I will have to let all the inflamation settle before I try anything else though. Could take up to a month.

wow Karren, you must love being a tech:hug: did you have the same reaction symptoms as Tracy.

Are you talking about me ????? ahhhhhhhhh i have a friend :hug:

yep fabric and brisa i can work happily with without gloves on l&p i wear gloves as per previous reply

any questions or anything at all i can help with sweet - just ask, there definately IS a light at the end of the tunnel

kxx

vicky said:
Hi

Im really sorry to hear this, it must be awful. You should be fine with Brisa or Fabric. A friend of mine wears gloves when working and wears Brisa on herself and it works so there is hope at the end of the tunnel.

HTH x

yes jac and it gets really really painful if i get any near me at all, have to be sooooooper careful

I love what i do, dont laugh at me but i also have to wear a gorgeous pink mask when buffing as i have a dust allergy, if i dont wear it (like when i just shaped 5 of vicky's nails in the car on the way home from kent week before last then i really really suffer and cant breath through my nose for 3-4 days !)

imo there are too many "bad" uncaring techs out there for me to give up ! so you gotta do what you gotta do

ps. anything (except pinching !) you can do or wear with l&p you can do wtih gel - extending nail beds, encasing anything

kx

quote=jac extreme]wow Karren, you must love being a tech:hug: did you have the same reaction symptoms as Tracy.[/quote]

well its great to know you can wear and work with both brisa and fabric without the gloves, thanks for that Karren ( can picture you in your pink mask and gloves)

pmsl, my clients i swear are just waiting for the day i open the door in a full body suit and hat ! lol,, anyway fancy Hyperion not offering nitrile gloves in pink so at least i can match ?!! mmm feel a phone call coming on lol

Actually all my clients are l&p and coloured gel, im the only one who i do brisa gel on fingers are the mo ! i think because im worried about offering to new clients as its a buff off so for new or short term wearers i think its just easier to do l&p and getting a nice clean soak off as and when required rather than buffing to near natural nail

I wouldnt dream of having l&p on my nails now no way not even the best tech in the world did it, too risky and too scary and painful even thinking of it. my love always decants my liquids for me too

i havent worn fabric by the way but i was training with it week or so ago without problems and will be again next week and in couple of weeks

kxx

jac extreme said:
well its great to know you can wear and work with both brisa and fabric without the gloves, thanks for that Karren ( can picture you in your pink mask and gloves)

Oh Tracy, I am so sorry to hear this, the naiks were great too. Its great that you are so determine, I really hoe that you find a way round it all. xx

Yep, Jacs and I are on a huge learning curve here. Lousy experience for me to go through but not sure whether it's a good or bad one for Jacs:confused: ? She's benefitting from the experience but I'm not sure it's the kind of hassle she needs,lol. Karren, I think I'm going to pm you later to find out more about your experiences if thats okay.

no probs hun will help you all i can :hug:

kxx

Mrs.Clooney said:
Yep, Jacs and I are on a huge learning curve here. Lousy experience for me to go through but not sure whether it's a good or bad one for Jacs:confused: ? She's benefitting from the experience but I'm not sure it's the kind of hassle she needs,lol. Karren, I think I'm going to pm you later to find out more about your experiences if thats okay.

Mrs.Clooney said:
Its not a bad experience or hassle for me at all Tracey, as I said it's not something I have come across before so I am learning too and if we find a solution I will be as happy as you:)

Latest posts

Back