Bad underarm wax

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The beauty lady

Reaction score
hi guys, I've been waxing for the last 6 years and have done many underarms. Today I did an underarm wax on a 16 year old who has shaved since she was about 9. I've never had an experience like it. The wax would just not remove the hair in the centre of her underarm. They were almost concaved so I couldn't get it flat. I ended up having to tweeze a few out and she said it was really sore when I left. I gave her aftercare and reassured her that the next time they wouldn't be as bad as the hair would be slightly finer as her hair is very course. Feel like it's knocked my confidence a bit :(. What do you do with an awkward underarm?

Hello
First of all i use hot wax for underarms like this because hot wax will remove most of the thick hairs and then if the skin doesn't look very sensitive i use strip wax on top. I also try to be very honest with the client and explain everything about the hair situation that is difficult to remove all hairs from the first time after shaving so ling etc.Underarms can be very sensitive area to a lot of people. Recommend very good quality of hot wax:)

Latest posts

Back