Balayage application

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SarLouise

Reaction score
Hi geeks :)
Please could I have your opinions on my balayage application I did at college. I have done a few already. Is it too messy? Any comments on my placement? I used a brush but does anyone prefer a spatula? All tips and tricks i am grateful for.
Thanks for your help. Xx

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

Attachments

• 1425903645916.jpg
    1425903645916.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 507
  • 1425903653342.jpg
    1425903653342.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 501
When you dry it off you'll be able to answer all those questions for yourself, do you have a pic of what u expect it to look like?

Looks to me like you've done it in reverse.. Loads of product near the root and not a lot on the ends.. Needs to be the other way around!!

Admittedly it is really hard the with the disgusting cheap and nasty poison powder that colleges call bleach 😂

No Kahuna I haven't got a picture but I will find one!

Tom funny you say that I actually used Blondor and pastel 😂 but that's a good tip I did think it was a little bit sparse on the ends

As Tom said it does look like you've got a little too much product near the root and too little on the ends but from what I can see your technique looks nice and tidy!😊xxx

Hiya I think it would be better if it was finer sections as those look quite chunky xx

Have u got a pic of it dried off?

I agree with mollie it would probably have a nicer effect if the sections were finer and some not as high as others. I have a feeling once rinsed this may look like chunky sliced foils more than balayage. But your application is clean/neat.

I would take a rectangle section on the parting and lay the sections back over like you would a t-section looks a lot more natural and not as stripy x

Thanks everyone these are very helpful comments. I will take a picture when I'm back at college tomorrow! Xxx

These highlights are beautiful, I love sema condes work and she does alot of balayage. Want to get the knack for natural highlights

Attachments

• 1425993776591.jpg
    1425993776591.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 353
I agree with the other suggestions.

Seeing as she has almost black hair before you started, what would your toner choice have been?

Depending on how you toned and finished, maybe using a level 6, it might have blended lovely. But an after picture would definitely help...

I probably would have toned with colour fresh 8/81, it lifted to a very warm level 7.

Done my first balayage practice today, feedback would be great :) I started with as a root regrowth & then a full head foils using 6/75 & then balayaged Inbetween each foil ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426005335.084181.jpg

Done my first balayage practice today, feedback would be great :) I started with as a root regrowth & then a full head foils using 6/75 & then balayaged Inbetween each foil View attachment 83319

From what I can see it's a job well done! Your application looks nice and neat and the colour is beautiful:) xxx

Sent from my D2303 using SalonGeek mobile app

Thankyou, I'm doing it as my assessment in an hour just had to give it a go on the block first before I let myself loose on my sister in laws hair haha :) xx

that is beautiful. well done xxx

Round 2. Will post after pic when lifted and toned 😊

Attachments

• 1426069661328.jpg
    1426069661328.jpg
    83.6 KB · Views: 218
  • 1426069678737.jpg
    1426069678737.jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 209
Round 2. Will post after pic when lifted and toned 😊

Looks better :) I will say tho I know it wasn't fair the poster jumped on ur thread but for reference look at the difference in thickness of stripes in yours to hers, here's a pic of one my juniors did ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1426072599.231921.jpg the results were subtle on this one, it's all about trying out thickness and placement and seeing what's best for the individual hair type and fall in front of u on the day, that one looks much better than your first tho :)

Latest posts

Back