Balayage or not?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stella1981

Reaction score
Hi, Im looking for help and ideas on this one. My client is 6/1natural and a few greys here and there around 25 percent. I was thinking to balayage then length and ends and tone the blonde with 8/1 in wella but I'm worried about doing the roots aswell at the same time as I'm worried about warmth, she is adamant she wants Ash brown on roots. If i do a normal roots tint and comb through then balayage in one go do you think it would look like the pic. Im unsure how far to take the darker colour? Any help would be great as I don't want to end up too warm. Thanks in advance.

Screenshot_20210529_122322_com.android.gallery3d.jpg

What does she have her hair like just now as it all depends on what she’s had previously! This can all be done in the one, there are a few different ways you can do it. I always baylayage with foil to get lift. Do your foils first then go in between them with the dark and u can take it down as far as u want. Looks like foils are up higher in top section. Hope this helps x

I personally like to lighten the hair first, then do the root tint and toner.
Unless your application is precise, you run the risk of bleach and tint mixing, and then that gets messy, and the result isn't pretty 😂.
Unless the root is small, and you only plan to paint the ends, so there's no chance of them mixing.

Looks simular to a colour I did yesterday! I did foilage first by teasing triangle sections like classic balayage and isolating in foil, then coloured the remaining hair with loreal 1/4 4 + 3/4 4.8/mocha +20 vol and once lifted to yellow toned with diarichesse 7.30+7.31. Would have used a demi but she has resistant grey.

If your doing freehand balayage instead of using foil like ronray said dont paint the lightener over the root colour as it will be brassy

Attachments

• IMG_20210530_092250_831.jpg
    IMG_20210530_092250_831.jpg
    324.8 KB · Views: 34
What does she have her hair like just now as it all depends on what she’s had previously! This can all be done in the one, there are a few different ways you can do it. I always baylayage with foil to get lift. Do your foils first then go in between them with the dark and u can take it down as far as u want. Looks like foils are up higher in top section. Hope this helps x
Thankyou! I usually balayage with the teasing technique as I want more of a blend. Do you do yours up to the root?

I personally like to lighten the hair first, then do the root tint and toner.
Unless your application is precise, you run the risk of bleach and tint mixing, and then that gets messy, and the result isn't pretty 😂.
Unless the root is small, and you only plan to paint the ends, so there's no chance of them mixing.
Thankyou ronray it's hard to get the balance

Thankyou! I usually balayage with the teasing technique as I want more of a blend. Do you do yours up to the root?

Depends, but on dark hair like that I prefer to leave it rootier. On blonde I would do it to the root.

Latest posts

Back