Balayage triangles

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grace_Hair

Reaction score
so I did a balayage course with L'Oreal.

She didn't show us sectioning as such but did say that the subsections you're painting should be triangles.

Do those triangles need to be upside down (flat bit ready to paint. Or. Can you have right way up triangles and still paint the hair looking to the ceiling (does this make sense?! )

I'm struggling to make triangles sometimes? I though doing them the other way up might counteract this?

I don't think they necessarily have to be triangles!

I hardly ever do triangles.

I don't think they necessarily have to be triangles!

I hardly ever do triangles.
How do you do it? The educator said that if you do slices it gets 'lost' but if you're just doing the surface of s triangle (which we were) that's the same as a slice?!

How do you do it? The educator said that if you do slices it gets 'lost' but if you're just doing the surface of s triangle (which we were) that's the same as a slice?!

Wait wait wait so shes basically contradicting herself telling you doing a triangle will have the same results as a slice?

One of the problems with doing triangles (if you're doing them the same way i think you are) is that you don't saturate all the ends of the hair so you still have pieces of dark in ends, which is ok if thats what you're aiming for i mean sometimes i do.

I take either horizontal, diagonal forward, diagonal back or crescent sections.

No. She didn't contradict herself. It's just something I realised just as I was typing.

Have you got pictures you could send me with the result of different sections? So then I can be a better at consultation and choosing sectioning.

We did mainly triangles all over, and crescent for the fringe section.

Where's Adam when you need him!? I tend to do triangles, but I also take diagonal sections too. It all depends on the result I'm after. Adam where are you!

No. She didn't contradict herself. It's just something I realised just as I was typing.

Have you got pictures you could send me with the result of different sections? So then I can be a better at consultation and choosing sectioning.

We did mainly triangles all over, and crescent for the fringe section.

Yeah i'll put some on when i get home in about half an hour.

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454073633.745488.jpg

This is horizontal

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454073660.832583.jpg
ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454073887.295323.jpg

These 2 are diagonal back

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1454073898.696930.jpg

Thats triangles

Ooh. Diagonal is far more obvious... I thought it would be.

They look fab Cam!

Ooh. Diagonal is far more obvious... I thought it would be.

They look fab Cam!

It all depends on how you paint as well, you can do single point, double point, even triple point, as well as panel painting which i did quite a lot at one point, the thickness of the 'crochet' points depend on the look you're going for too but it should always look like you have a layer of icing on the hair and you can't see trough it.

And whether you decide to fully saturate the ends or not too.

Latest posts

Back