Balayage with Wella Magma?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ataylor0510

Reaction score
Hello! I'm a bit old school and have always done bleach and tone. I was wandering what wella magma is like in comparison with pastel toners? Can you use it when doing balayage instead of bleach? Does it fade like toners do?
Sorry lots of questions!!

Hello! I'm a bit old school and have always done bleach and tone. I was wandering what wella magma is like in comparison with pastel toners? Can you use it when doing balayage instead of bleach? Does it fade like toners do?
Sorry lots of questions!!
Magma can be used freehand, but it's recommended that you use the freelights developer, freelights developer is designed for open air processing which stops the product from swelling during oxidisation.
The tone is temporary, just like bleach and tone. If you use the magma post colour treatment it restores the hairs pH level and shuts the cuticle down. This will help keep the hair in better condition and help the colour last longer. The greatest part about magma is that you can refresh the tone with colour touch relights. If you've never used it, please try! They have some really nice, versatile shades in relights. Hope this helps.

Latest posts

Back