BANKSY takes over Bristol Museum

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cathie!

Reaction score
The world infamous BANKSY has taken over Bristol Museum with an amazing exhibition of art and installations over three stories.

I would recommend anyone to come on down and visit, it's amazing....I've only seen it on the TV so far but will defo be going down to have a good old look.

You can also see his street art around the streets of Bristol, including the Gorilla with pink mask, just down the road from me.

A great excuse to visit Bristol...oh and it's free to get in.

http://www.thisisbristol.co.uk/news...s-Bristol/article-1072715-detail/article.html

Last edited:
Saw this on the news last night and love this guy's work.
Just a shame Bristol is so far away as would have loved to have had a look around.

From what im hearing Bristol is going to be getting very busy with visitors from all over the world...well done Banksy(whomever you are),the gallery director who took a gamble without telling or clearing with her bosses and of course Bristol.
Good luck to you all.

If the weather stays good...wonder how many ice-creams will be sold this weekend :green:

There's always easy jet! Am going to go down on Monday, hopefully won't be so busy then!
Posted via Mobile Device

Although I've seen his work and think lots of it's really clever I won't be rushing off to Bristol as I think there are so many other artists whose work is just as thought provoking / interesting or just good to look at, who haven't had as much exposure as him. Maybe I'm just being bloody-minded but as soon as something starts getting hyped in the media it starts to turn me off.
I suppose I am very lucky living in London with all it's small and large art galleries, which I can visit anytime I like.
Having said that, if Banksy inspires people who otherwise would not think of visiting a gallery to go and take a look, then that can only be a good thing.

I think Banksy is fab and I think it is excellent that he has done this exhibition in his home town. I am sure the exhibition will be a huge success with people from all over visiting.

Latest posts

Back