Bare Minerals vs Lily Lolo?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

paula's beauty

Reaction score
I currently use medium beige bare minerals foundation, I would like to try Lily lolo can you tell me which colour is similar. I have read reviews that Lilly lolo is a better product. Thanks Geeks

I changed my friend over to Lily Lolo from Bare Escentuals med beige to In the Buff, hope this helps :)

Ps. I think Lily Lolo is much better than Bare Escentuals.

lily lolo is better! get a few samples from them you can order them on their website! x

Thanks geeks... that's a big help.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek

Hi thanks for this thread Lily Lolo is something we have looked at too. Sorry to jump on but I don't suppose anybody knows the equivalent to fairly light as well do they? Thanks

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I've just changed to lily lolo from bare minerals as well.
Am really liking it, and the fact u pay less and the pots are so much bigger is a bonus as well :)
X

I have tried Lily Lolo (amongst lots of others including Bare Minerals, Laura Mercier) In my opinion I wasn't so sure on the product, I do have awkward skin and found it didn't blend as well as what I wanted. I then came across Bare Faced Beauty mineral foundation by accident and was super impressed. The branding isn't as cool looking as Lily Lolo, but I feel the product is comparable to the higher end mineral make-ups but at half the price. They do good size sample pots - just might be worth a try as it's only a couple of quid :) Hope this helps.

Is there anywhere to buy lily lolo and or bare faced beauty at trade prices? X

I've just been on the Lilly Lolo site but wanted to know what size/grams is the full size? And what size/grams is the sample size? It didn't have it on there.

Hi all, I have one more question, can you use this for weddings or proms ect? Would you recommend this? I want to use mineral make up for my business.

Is there anywhere to buy lily lolo and or bare faced beauty at trade prices? X
If you contact them direct they will help - to buy Lily Lolo and BareFaced Beauty at trade you need to purchase one of their stockists packs, i had to order Lily Lolo at their normal RRP to trial their products as they were not very good with sending samples, but BareFaced beauty were very good at sending samples to trial before purchasing one of their stockists packs - and their initial layout was not as much as Lily Lolo.

Hi all, I have one more question, can you use this for weddings or proms ect? Would you recommend this? I want to use mineral make up for my business.

You have to be careful when using mineral make-up for weddings as a lot of them contain an SPF which causes the skin to look white/ shiny when being photographed. I have read on other threads that there are mineral foundations that do not contain SPF but I don't know which ones they are. The SPF thing Is relevant to all foundations not just minerals.

That's interesting! Very good to know! I guess it's hard to find a foundation without the SPF in.

Natural mineral make-up ingredients should consist of Mica, Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide, and Iron Oxides for colour.

Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide provide natural protection against everyday UV-light exposure. So products containing these ingredients do give natural sunscreen protection.

These two minerals also provide a matte coverage... whereas Mica is actually the ingredient which offers the dewy pearlescent finish.

Some companies choose to get their mineral products rated with an SPF number, usually SPF15. But if you come across products containing 25% Titanium Dioxide and Zinc Oxide you will be getting a factor of around about 10-15...perfect for everyday sunlight exposure (but not for sunbathing etc).

Hope this helps, let me know if you have any questions and I can try give you more information.

On the subject of ingredients, I did a blog post about so-called 'mineral' ingredients here:

http://www.honeypieminerals.com/#/blog/4554586290/Say-NO-to-Bismuth/2648694

Latest posts

Back