Barrier cream

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

brownasaberry

Reaction score
Hi,I'm new to the spray tan industry and have just completed my training however I am having problems with stained hands.Am using the barrier cream supplied by the company I bought my equipment from.Not sure if its the cream thats wrong or something I'm doing wrong-would love n e suggestions.:smack:

Hi and welcome to the site.

Sorry to hear about your problem. I have only been spraying for a few months now and I never use barrier cream and have never had a problem with clients hands and feet. I wasn't trained to use barrier cream either.

Perhaps it was the technique you were shown by your trainer. Can I ask who you trained with?

Jackie x

I was trained to use barrier cream and do so on all my clients, but appreciate it is not entirely necessary. I use Aqueous cream all the same-nice and cheap and works every time.
I to agree with Jackie, that the stained palms may be due to your training.
Do you always make sure the palms are facing the floor when spraying back and front and flipped up to face the ceiling when spraying the sides?

hths
x

If you can develop your technique there really isn't any need for the use of barrier creams......only for the customer to maybe use a moisturiser on the palms of hands before going to bed immediately after the tan application to prevent hands grabbing solution due to touching during their sleep

Hi everyone,thanks for your help.I was taught to clench fists while doing back and front?!Seems far more logical to have palms facing floor!Will try this....I am using Latanning liquid at the moment-woundered if anyone out there in spraytan land has any coments on it.This is the only liquid I've tried.Thanks again everyone for your help!!:lol:

Latest posts

Back