Base bumping?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont know how people live without base bumping lol!

I'd never heard of this! I can't believe I hadn't come across it!
.. This may sound daft, but I can't even paint inbetween a full head foils in 10 minutes I don't think? So would I be right to just paint it on between foils and then take client to the basin and immediately wash it straight off??

I applied really quickly around hairline, sides and crown first then through the rest. You'll be fine :) it literally just softens the base colour so it won't look uneven x

I'd never heard of this! I can't believe I hadn't come across it!
.. This may sound daft, but I can't even paint inbetween a full head foils in 10 minutes I don't think? So would I be right to just paint it on between foils and then take client to the basin and immediately wash it straight off??

No, leave it on for 10 mins after applied x

Just one other thought.........more skin tests to do, if you don't for foils :)

How much extra do you charge for this? If done inbetween foils? X

Or you could use dia richesse which can give 1 1/2 levels lift but is predictable between the foils? Has added bonus that can be applied at same time as your foils so better for timing and condition of hair

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek

So do u just apply say 10/0 to the root only inbetween foils? With what percent? And is it just or a nicer blend of colour? What if it is there first time getting highlights? Or would you only use it when the ends are lighter due to previous highlights?

So do u just apply say 10/0 to the root only inbetween foils? With what percent? And is it just or a nicer blend of colour? What if it is there first time getting highlights? Or would you only use it when the ends are lighter due to previous highlights?

It takes away yhe drastic contrast between roots and highlights.

If its first time hair is being highlighted you can do it before or after and apply to all the hair. Be fast.

I wouldnt apply between foils. I would before or after.

It takes away yhe drastic contrast between roots and highlights.

If its first time hair is being highlighted you can do it before or after and apply to all the hair. Be fast.

I wouldnt apply between foils. I would before or after.

Does this not add extra time on top of your highlights? Eg mix root colour,apply, develop for 10, rinse off, dry, highlight as opposed to how I do it. Highlight apply a dia colour for 1.5shades lift between foils. Has the added bonus that I can use cool tones and get a cool outcome rather then risk someone who likes being white blonde getting warmth

Does this not add extra time on top of your highlights? Eg mix root colour,apply, develop for 10, rinse off, dry, highlight as opposed to how I do it. Highlight apply a dia colour for 1.5shades lift between foils. Has the added bonus that I can use cool tones and get a cool outcome rather then risk someone who likes being white blonde getting warmth

Base bumping is meant only to take away stark ness of the root against h/ls , just to stop the client have a contrast. If your wanting a cooler tone , then you need to use target shade and leave on for full development time ;-) x

Base bumping is meant only to take away stark ness of the root against h/ls , just to stop the client have a contrast. If your wanting a cooler tone , then you need to use target shade and leave on for full development time ;-) x

I just think dia colour would do the same but take less time. Eg nat base 7 with bleach highlights and 3 inches of regrowth I would highlight then apply a nutral 8 with maybe 9.3 and clear root to tip between highlights witb 15vol. Would have added bonus if breaking up ends without darkening them therefore getting rid of blonde build uo

That's why I said I personally wouldn't do it between foils. If it works for you, great.

That's why I said I personally wouldn't do it between foils. If it works for you, great.

I am confused. What do you use it for then?

I am confused. What do you use it for then?

I think they're talking about two different things. One sounds like foils all over colour and the other is just to lift roots half a shade, some do it before, after, during. 10 with 10 for 10. Think thats right lol! X

This is really oldskool! I think with all the colouring techniques we use today this is not needed! Also did I just read someone using bleach and 12%?????!!!

This is really oldskool! I think with all the colouring techniques we use today this is not needed! Also did I just read someone using bleach and 12%?????!!!

Very old school.... Probably more useable stateside where they don't mind Warner colours..... Most uk clients have a hate of warmth so would hate this...

I don't feel the need to do this with any of my colour clients, it's a bit old hat if you ask me, but if it works for some of you then why not :)

We were doing this in the eighties!!

Latest posts

Back