Base coat and top coat?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lisa13

lisa
Reaction score
Hi say I was to use ibd gel polish would I have to use ibd base coat and top coat as well

Ibd just gel is completely compatible with any other pure gel polish system so no need to buy their specific base coat and top coat :)

Ibd just gel is completely compatible with any other pure gel polish system so no need to buy their specific base coat and top coat :)
Hi dazzle.digits, jumping on the thread here.. But do you have any suggestions as to what base/top coat works/gives the best results with IBD please? Tia xx

Hi dazzle.digits, jumping on the thread here.. But do you have any suggestions as to what base/top coat works/gives the best results with IBD please? Tia xx
I have used pretty much any base cost to be honest! Currently using semilac vitamin base coat which has a nice consistency and semilac top coat which is super shiny and hard wearing but my other choice of top coat is asp signature top coat from salon services X

Hello I use ibd just gel polish with the gelish base coat and top coat and it's absolutely fine!

A little update- I removed my ibd gel polish today which I applied with my INK base and top coat and OH MY GOODNESS! It removed sooo easily!
Just as easy as if it was an ink ilac colour coat! By the time I rubbed the nail as I removed the foil, just about all the polish came off in the foil as I slid it off!
Will definitely be using it this way in the future :)

Just realised I posted that on the wrong thread! :eek:
Still, you may find it useful.

That's fantastic!! How long did the gel last for? X

I had it on for just over 3 weeks, it hadn't chipped but my nails had got mega long so I cut them all down with the polish still on them a few days before I removed it and they were still fine!
I'm still so chuffed with how it removed (sad) ha! X

@Carla-laa thanks for updating us! I saw you mention that the other day and was hoping to catch your results! I've got some nice colours in Gelicure but it will not remotely come off me unless I scrape the heck out of it! I was hoping I could sandwich it with iLac just on myself. Gelicure is a gel though and iLac a hybrid. Do you think that's ok to do? I'd never mix systems on a client. X

I was literally only thinking this yesterday, you're right, ibd is a pure gel and ilac is a hybrid. All I know is it worked on my nails! I wouldn't try it on clients without finding out if they're compatible on myself.
Probably best to check with Gelicure to see what they say as I don't know if that's compatible with other brands like ibd is.
And I'll do a bit of research to see if ibd is compatible with a hybrid polish!
I'm kind of wishing I'd never trialled INK ilac, I love my ibd for the colours and staying power but ilac just removes sooo much easier! I would convert to INK but I have invested so much in my ibd, I want the best of both worlds! :confused:

I was literally only thinking this yesterday, you're right, ibd is a pure gel and ilac is a hybrid. All I know is it worked on my nails! I wouldn't try it on clients without finding out if they're compatible on myself.
Probably best to check with Gelicure to see what they say as I don't know if that's compatible with other brands like ibd is.
And I'll do a bit of research to see if ibd is compatible with a hybrid polish!
I'm kind of wishing I'd never trialled INK ilac, I love my ibd for the colours and staying power but ilac just removes sooo much easier! I would convert to INK but I have invested so much in my ibd, I want the best of both worlds! :confused:
It's only for myself so hopefully be ok. I wouldn't mix systems on clients anyway, I have always thought that no matter what anyone said, the chances of insurance actually saying your covered is slim to none. But I'm obviously not planning on suing myself any time soon lol!

Totally agree with you. I'm moving to iLac, I'll hang on to my Gelicure for those who need the strength and lasting power of a gel but I'm not buying any extra colours. I hate the removal of Gelicure, I was taught to scrape and buff it off! It takes so long to remove. ILac is just amazing.

Sad story though, I used xlac on myself on Thursday, topped with rock top coat. It started lifting at the free edge last night. 24hours is not cool! On its own it goes horrid if it so much as touches IPA, acetone free remover, cleanser, etc, was hoping adding a coat of rock would sort it. Will be sticking to the iLac! X

Latest posts

Back