Base coat question

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lancslass

Reaction score
can some one please let me know what is in a base coat that makes the enamel adhere to it as i cant find the ingredeant any where on the web

I have had a search and come up with 'resin'.
Not sure if thats correct, but apparently this is what makes the enamel more sticky and therefore the polish sticks to it.
hth's

oh thanks hunnie i have a exam tomorrow and i was really stuck xxxx

can some one please let me know what is in a base coat that makes the enamel adhere to it as i cant find the ingredeant any where on the web

Well this of course varies with different brands.

Your MSDS should also help you. What makes the enamel adhere to the base coat is not what's in is as much as the consistency of it ... a good base coat should be soft and stickey with a suede-like appearance which gives the right sort of surface for polish to go on evenly... CND Stickey Base Coat is the perfect example of the perfect base coat which is the reason it has been voted by professionals the best base coat in the industry for about 10 years running!!

CND is now totally free of formaldehyde Resin, toluene and DBP which are still part of the ingredients of many polishes and base coats.

Most base coats contain Butyl Acetate, IPA, Ethyl Acetate, Nitrocellulose Toluene, TFS Resin and DBP and others.

But it is not the ingredients but the consistency that makes the difference.

Thanks gigi

your a star thats so helpful i might get extra brownie points lol xxxxx

Latest posts

Back