Bead Control

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julie.castle3

Reaction score
HI , please can anyone help.
after pressing my brush into my liquid to get the brush staturated in liquid & then pressing my brush against the side of my dappen dish& picking up my first bead. When i go to dip my brush again do i need to press the brush to the bottom of the dappen dish or just dip the flag of the brush into the liquid . i have tried the first way but i dont seem to get enough pick of the powder , any answers

As far as I'm aware and how I was taught, You have to completely immerse your brush each time you want to pick up a new bead and then pull it across the edge of the dappen dish once on one side and then on the other.

julie.castle3 said:
HI , please can anyone help.
after pressing my brush into my liquid to get the brush staturated in liquid & then pressing my brush against the side of my dappen dish& picking up my first bead. When i go to dip my brush again do i need to press the brush to the bottom of the dappen dish or just dip the flag of the brush into the liquid . i have tried the first way but i dont seem to get enough pick of the powder , any answers

Just dip it and pull it up the side of the dappen dish

Look in the premium geek tutorials at the mix ratio tutorial.

Yes it is better to dip all the way again ... that way you always know how much liquid you start off with.

geeg said:
Look in the premium geek tutorials at the mix ratio tutorial.

Yes it is better to dip all the way again ... that way you always know how much liquid you start off with.

Yep, dip your brush in all the way this way it's not just the flag that get's the monomer but also the belly will hold monomer, so you can keep your bead warm...
HTH

the only time you may want to dip the ends in, is when you want to pick up a very small bead.
it can be difficult to drain enough liquid out of your brush when it's been completely immersed, and to achieve the correct mix ratio & get a tiny bead, this sometimes helps.
liza x

thanks to everyone for your ideas. have read the tutorial on bead control, will try the same approach.

liza smith said:
the only time you may want to dip the ends in, is when you want to pick up a very small bead.
it can be difficult to drain enough liquid out of your brush when it's been completely immersed, and to achieve the correct mix ratio & get a tiny bead, this sometimes helps.
liza x

i always dip my brush right into my liquid and then i press the bristles against the side of my dappen dish and wipe the end of the brush a few times
if i want a v small bead then i will do the same with my brush right in and then i will roll off some of the excess liquid onto table towel/kitchen roll etc.. to get the brush to a nice point again then go into pick up a small bead
hth

Jess
xox

Latest posts

Back