Beautician allergic to tint!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

suey1981

Reaction score
Hiya, I have been doing beauty for nearly two years and in this time i have developed contact dermatitis, the cause being eyelash/eyebrow tint which i found after having every product i use being tested on my skin...has anyone else had this happen and if so what can i do? stop tinting and lose out on all that custom :-( or is there another solution? Please advise :)

Hiya, I have been doing beauty for nearly two years and in this time i have developed contact dermatitis, the cause being eyelash/eyebrow tint which i found after having every product i use being tested on my skin...has anyone else had this happen and if so what can i do? stop tinting and lose out on all that custom :-( or is there another solution? Please advise :)

Hiya! Couldn't you wear gloves so you're not coming in direct contact with it? X

Hiya, i have been wearing gloves two pairs and somehow i still get a reaction..ive tried so many different types of gloves and it happens each time :( xxx

Could it be that you have an allergy to the gloves? Have you tried vinyl gloves?
x

Have you tried a barrier cream aswell? (Assuming you're not allergic to the gloves) x

Antihistamines? x

Sent from my GT-I9300 using SalonGeek mobile app

A lady on my tinting course had an alergy to the tint. She wore a barrier cream, cotton gloves & nitrial gkives over that x

Sent from my GT-N7000 using SalonGeek mobile app

I am allergic to PPD (black dye).

I found that wearing vinyl or rubber gloves really aggrivated my dermatitis but the nitrile gloves were great.

Just make sure you keep them on during prep and keep them on until after everything is cleaned up.

I'm allergic to blue tint, when I've had a tint mixing blue into black I can't breathe, throat felt like it was swelling up! Pre mixed blue and black is ok though. Are you sure it's not the gloves your allergic to? Cotton gloves may be helpful, have to wash them a lot though x

I'm allergic to tint, you just have to be really careful when using it xxx

Hiya, many thanks for all your advice much appreciated :) I'll have to stick to wearing my gloves for now and if it gets any worse stop doing tinting :-( I'm allergic to plasticisers which is in a lot of gloves so now I've changed them and done skin patch tests on all products that I use in the salon it's defo tint that allergic to :-( thank you again everyone :) xxx

Latest posts

Back