Beauty Guild Vs Salon Gold Insurance

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

c.holdway

Reaction score
Hi
Im trying to sort out about insurance, I have seen Beauty guild are £95 and Salon gold £46.

What are people opinons on these two?

Is it worth the extra £49 for the guild advertising?

I will be watching for responses too as I'm going to be in the same boat.

Posted with my Droid EO Forum App

I was with the Guild last year and moved to Salon Gold in January this year when it was up for renewal. The cover was pretty much the same in terms of their levels and tbh I haven't noticed any other difference so far to justify almost double the price.

Would be interested to know if any other geeks have found differences

yes its quite a price jump, anyone else?

I'm with the guild at the moment but I'm goin to renew with salon gold in September.

I am with Salon Gold.

From what I could tell the difference in price was based on the extras offered by The Guild. The insurance offered by Salon Gold is perfectly adequate for what I need and although I didn't actually look at the policy for the guild's insurance I'm sure the policy will have been pretty much the same (my OH was an insurance broker so we have some knowledge of insurance). Personally I did not think I would use any of the extras enough to pay the extra.

You become a member of the Guild and I think you get a magazine, reduced rates on Barclaycard merchant services, advert in Yellow pages, Window sticker and some discounts with certain other companies along with the ability to use thier logo on your price lists and posters etc and to list yourself on their directory if you wish to.

I just wanted to know I was insured and was not bothered with the extras or the logo - my clients just need to know I'm insured and I doubt they will care who the insurance is with just that I am covered.

As for the listing on their directory - I'd never looked on there to find a service before so I dont think that many people of my target clients would use it so no great loss. I dont want to be listed in Yellow Pages either as I'm mobile and want to have clients that are in my area and preferably that have been recomended to me (friends of freinds and so on) so that I know I'm safe with them.

Others may feel they want to be a member of the Guild and would use the extras enough to want to pay the extra money but for me there was just no point. I needed insurance and wasn't concirned with becoming a member of another group.

I've gone with salon gold and added equipment cover! Much cheaper than the guild!

I've just renewed my salon gold insurance too. Never had to claim (touch wood!) so don't know how good they are if you do!?!

The higher costs with the Guild includes membership of the association as well as the insurance cost. I used to be with FHT where I was a member and held insurance with them too and it cost around the same sort of price as the Guild. I gave that up a few years ago as I couldn't always keep up with with the CPD points that FHT insisted on having - usually because the courses were miles from where I lived and involved hotel accommodation etc. So now I just have insurance (Salon gold) and have opted out completely of membership/registration to an association. So far it hasn't reduced my credibility with my clients.

I don't think any of my clients know what the guild is or care! I'm happy with salon gold!

Latest posts

Back