Beauty | Hairtrade.com Discovers Our Top Ten Beauty Mistakes

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
When you read 'Top Ten' lists you may find that you're guilty of one or two of them. When I read this Top Ten list of British women's worst beauty mistakes, I had to tick almost all of them. Hanging my head in shame, I thought I would share these with you too...although I'm sure you're not nearly as rubbish at the beauty thing as I apparently am.

So how many are you guilty of?

1. Washing hair too much
Honestly, since I had a baby in November this really isn't a problem. I'm lucky if I can even grab a clean pair of pants to put on so, over-washing hair is one of the few that I'm no longer guilty of. However, pre-tiny terrorist, I was definitely an every day washer and we all know what a terrible oil-stripping habit that apparently is.

2. Applying too much conditioner
On those rare occasions when I do get to wash my hair, I am 100% guilty of this. No matter how much my hairdresser tells me to use a blob the size of a ten pence piece I still throw a big sloppy fifty-pence piece sized blob on my hair and smush it all the way through. Only put it on the ends? Yes, ok, but only if you want to come and spend an hour pulling a comb through it afterwards.

3. Not using a heat protector
A what now? Is this something to protect my over-conditioned locks from heat-emitting contraptions such as hairdryers and straighteners? A spray or some such like? Yeah. I WISH I had time to dry my hair.

4. Tying your ponytail in the same place
This apparently is a big no-no and over time will weaken hair. I'm not sure about you but I definitely have other things to worry about than moving my ponytail an inch higher or lower. For those of you who can worry about where your ponytail is geographically located on your bonce, lucky you. Can we swap lives?

5. Forgetting to wash make up brushes
To be fair, I don't forget to wash them. I just don't do it. It's up there with cleaning the skirting boards, repainting the porch and sweeping the drive. The intention is there I'm just lacking in motivation.

6. Neglecting your neck
There are many parts of my body that I neglect and yes, my neck is most likely one of them. This is something I can fairly easily rectify and shall endeavour to do so. *Adds it to my To Do list under Buy Nappies and Earn More Money*

7. Over-treating and over-covering spots
Does over-treating include over-squeezing because if it does then I'm guilty of this as well.

8. Applying foundation before moisturiser is dry
Holding my hands up! Guilty as charged but again it's a time thing. Easily fixed. Guess I can brush my teeth in between and save myself from making this catastrophic mistake again.

9. Plucking eyebrows too close to the mirror
At first I wondered if this was a safety hazard and you may be at risk from poking your eye out. Actually, it's about forgetting to take time to step back and view your eyebrow art from a distance. Apparently, failing to do this can result in all sorts of over-plucking and unevenness. Who knew? (My eyebrows knew).

10. Yellow nails
This isn't referring to any smoking habits but to a failure to use a base coat. Such irresponsible behaviour can results in seriously yellow nails and lord know, that would be a disaster (until you cover them up with polish again).

So go on geeks...fess up? How many are you guilty of?

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• products.jpg
    products.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 152
Oh dear 7 of them 😮 maybe time for a little change lol x

5 but 2 of those easily fixed. I replace make-up brushes rather than clean, I mean who has the time?! ;)

I'm pleased to say, I'm not guilty of any of them!!

Oh dear. 6.....especially the hair ones.

A great big fat zero :)

1. Once every three days, sometimes every other day.
2. Only the ends due to how I used to do #4
3. Only air dry my hair, don't own hairdryer or straigtners.
4. I found out the frazzled end/broken hair hard way :( now rarely put up.
5. I don't wear make up that would need brushes
6. Always moisturise my neck, I don't want a turkey thing.
7. Lucky enough to not ever have suffered with spots or pimples.
8. Don't wear foundation but always moisteriser.
9. I wax.
10. Gotta love shellac, you NEED that base.

Damn I'm so good I need a halo lol :lick:

I do eight of these. *hangs head in shame*

I do pay attention to my neck (but only started this about 4 months ago) and I don't have and have never had yellow nails.

Although I don't always apply foundation before the moisturiser is dry, because I don't always use moisturiser.

None (feeling smug :lick:)

Latest posts

Back