Beauty | Is There Such A Thing As A Natural Beauty?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
There are many women who grace the covers of our magazines who are often described as 'natural beauties' and none more so than our new Duchess of Cambridge. Kate Middleton has been lauded as our most famous natural beauty but as the news spreads on her £30,000 a year beauty regime, is it fair to call her a 'natural beauty'?

This week The Telegraph spills the beans on the extent of her beauty needs and, let me tell you, it's extensive at best and extravagant at worst. In a nutshell:

Fortnightly Deborah Mitchell Bee Venom facial: £4,200
Thrice weekly Richard Ward blow dries, Keratin treatments, cuts and colour: £12,126
Fully stocked Bobbi Brown make up kit (including favourites Long-Wear Even Finish Foundation, Sheer Color Lip Gloss, and Creamy Matte Lip Color): £633
Karin Herzog skincare (including her favourite Professional Cleanser and Vita-A-Kombi 1 day and night cream): £818
Weekly manicures and pedicures by the Jo Hansford team: £4,315
Weekly professional tans: £8,029
Two bottles of Illuminum (fragrance): £200
Twelve months of thrice weekly personal training sessions: £1,300

It's a miracle she has time to do any philanthropic work or travelling and, I have to ask, if she's spending £8,029 on weekly professional tans, why would she need to sunbathe topless?

The simple fact is, that no matter how naturally beautiful these women in the magazines look, there is always an army of beauty pros waiting in the wings to primp and powder and failing that, there's always airbrushing.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• iStock_000019677340XSmall.jpg
    iStock_000019677340XSmall.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 664
That's £154 a week in tanning, think I need to leaflet drop her door!!

Wow. I need to marry a prince!

Ha ha ha I love these 'natural' girls that secretly take 3 hours to get ready. I went to college with a girl who was a 'natural' beauty, that is until you get a close up and see the foundation ring, she tinted her hair, brows & lashes & went to the sunbeds. Natural my backside.

As I get older I find myself veering towards the more 'natura'l look, but that natural look still entails cuts, colours, blowdries, brow shape & tint, mascara, Shellac, 8% spraytan, powder, concealer & blusher, and trust me, thats an improvement on what it used to be!!! So its fake, but looks natural, but you know what, at least I'm honest about it!!

I'm not sure I'd be up to all that having to look on top form every time I set foot out the door, though!
I think by natural they mean that she's not had surgery, but I'm given to understand that she's had work on her teeth.
All the rest is, by today's standards, pretty run of the mill, just amplified a bit!

I wouldn't say I was beautiful or am going to grace the covers of Elle but when I'm not at work I don't wear make up, maybe a touch of mascara, and I feel better for it. My hair is coloured but if I had the patience to grow it out I would and wouldn't bat an eyelid, I have never used a sun bed or had a spray tan, I occasionally use a gradual tanner but tbh I prefer to be pale. I get my upper lip waxed and my eyebrows shaped but wouldn't look like Susan Boyle if I didn't..I'm quite confident to step out like this. I get chatted up and called "stunning" or "attractive" (I think they are just being nice)..I'm more confident now then at 21 when I felt looks were all that mattered and I think that confidence shine through
Ultimately we don't need all the adornments, Kate Middleton would be amazingly attractive without her regime and still turn heads :)

Well I always thought natural beauty was when a woman was naturally beautiful without her makeup on x

Nope, beauty comes from within :) nothing more beautiful then natural confidence

Latest posts

Back