Beauty | Jamilla Paul Heads Up MTV's New Primetime Show

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Jamilla Paul, whose salon celebrated fifteen successful years last week, has been chose to head up MTVs new reality show, Beauty School Cop Out. Jamilla Paul is one of the north's top hairdresser and she will lead eight appearance-obsessed young people, desperate for a career in beauty, through a series of challenges designed to test their skills, commitment and attitude.

From hairdressing, waxing and massage, to body-building, personal training, tattooing and more, the eight beauty students will face masterclasses and eventually practise their skills on real clients...but not before Jamilla says so!

"I'm the boss, the lead mentor and I'll be setting them tasks and finding out what they like and what they are good at, and nurturing them so they can actually do it," says Jamilla. "This show isn't about humiliating them or laughing at their failures, although there will be lots of tears and laughter, but about helping them to understand what they need to learn to have a successful career in the industry."

Jamilla was chosen because of her no-nonsense, down-to-earth approach and her ability to inspire her team.

"I'm not sure what the producers thought they were getting when they hired me but I'm determined the programme will not belittle the industry. I will focus on tasks that will reveals the best side of hairdressing and beauty, and the level of commitment needed to master the crafts."

The show premieres on MTV on October 29th at 10pm and will document the start of the student's journey as they are packed off to beauty school in Manchester. Most of the show is filmed on location in Jamilla's salon.

Tune in and enjoy.

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 08.05.55.jpg
    Screen Shot 2013-09-25 at 08.05.55.jpg
    60.3 KB · Views: 160

Latest posts

Back