Hair | Diamonds Are A Hairdresser’s Best Friend At Jamilla Paul’s New Jewel Bar

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
Jamilla Paul is taking screen goddess Hedy Lamarr at her word with her latest in-salon innovation launched earlier this month. Hedy wanted jewels in her hair to add brilliance to her face; now Jamilla is adding sparkling brilliance to her clients’ lives with her new Jewel Bar @ Jamilla Paul.

"At Milan, Paris and London this year the catwalks were dripping with extravagant glamour and embellishments and I want to bring that to hair," said Jamilla. "I adore the idea of accessories to enhance the hair and make it beautiful, but I’m going even further and applying Swarovski jewels, beads and crystals directly to the hair. It is the ultimate bling."

Jamilla has perfected her Jewel Bar technique over the past few months at her shows and education seminars across the country, receiving standing ovations from some audiences.

"I wanted to create a showstopper of an event and to illustrate how, with a little imagination, you can really dress up the hair. But I have been so inundated with requests from hairdressers and consumers that I have recreated it as a service in my salon," she added. "In the few weeks since launch, it has proved massively popular, not just with brides, but also with my glamour-addicted clients, who want the bling-effect at the weekend. We are inundated on Fridays and Saturdays."

Jamilla has also been flooded with requests from salon owners to do in-salon seminars to show their team how to weave in the add-on service into appointments and increase salon revenue while satisfying client lust for more glamour.

The technique fits brilliantly with the wet look that dominated the catwalks in February and the pseudo undercuts created by gelling the hair flat above the ears. Offered as an express add-on service similar to a blowdry bar with a menu of finishes, but with each customised for the client using colours and shapes of their choice, it involves using a secret product as a base and attaching the jewels directly to the hair, where they stick indefinitely until rinsed with water.

"Everyone who has the jewels applied has been a walking advert for my salon because everywhere they go they are asked about their hair. It’s a fantastic add-on, but it also a way to get my name out there even more," says Jamilla.

Salons interested in more detail about The Jewel Bar @ Jamilla Paul and her education programme can contact her on [email protected]

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 20.24.15.jpg
    Screen Shot 2014-06-30 at 20.24.15.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 256

Latest posts

Back