Beauty pricing help in australia!!! pretty please :)

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

saffronkitten

Reaction score
Hi there, I'm currently trying to set up a mobile beauty service on the gold coast, however, 6 months ago i was still living in lovely damp England - I have no idea what prices things go for over here!

I'm trying to scout out what other people charge (any other gold coasters, don't worry I'm not an undercutter lol) but I'm finding it really hard to find online price lists for mobile beauty.
could someone just jive me a rouge guide to pricing out here, I'm currently using non-special stuff (not like dermalogica or CND, just "homebrand" so to speak) because I can't afford it until I start making money (self destructive circle or what!) so could someone please help! I'll send you virtual hugs!

Well I live a few hours north of you, so I can't really help in regards to pricing on the Gold coast. Things may be starting to change but mobile hair/beauty is not really as common in Australia as it seems to be overseas. This is how it is where I live, but all the mobile businesses seem to be very cheap as people are not willing to pay a reasonable price for mobile treatments. Even when I worked from home people still expected to pay a lot less compared to salon prices.

I don't know how much it will help because I'm in a different area to you, but have a look at my website to see my prices if you want to. The website hasn't been updated since I moved into a salon, so the prices are still current for when I worked from home - my pricing then was on the lower end of standard salon pricing. Feel free to ask if there's anything else I can help with too - and welcome to Oz :hug:

I just realised that my website link doesn't show up in my signature anymore - it is: www.irresistable.com.au

Last edited:
Oh i would love to know this too. I am off to brisbane for the year in august(visas/tickets all booked eek!!)
How are you finding it out there if you dont mind me asking?

Oh i would love to know this too. I am off to brisbane for the year in august(visas/tickets all booked eek!!)
How are you finding it out there if you dont mind me asking?

You on a working holiday visa? I was in Brisbane but no luck finding a salon job because were not residents. We can only be employed for a few months on the visa so people won't look twice!! Don't get your hopes up if you are on a working holiday!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Hi there, I'm currently trying to set up a mobile beauty service on the gold coast, however, 6 months ago i was still living in lovely damp England - I have no idea what prices things go for over here!

I'm trying to scout out what other people charge (any other gold coasters, don't worry I'm not an undercutter lol) but I'm finding it really hard to find online price lists for mobile beauty.
could someone just jive me a rouge guide to pricing out here, I'm currently using non-special stuff (not like dermalogica or CND, just "homebrand" so to speak) because I can't afford it until I start making money (self destructive circle or what!) so could someone please help! I'll send you virtual hugs!

Do your research!! Look what other mobile people are charging in your area.

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

Craig, saffron already said tat she's having problems finding mobile therapists online.

Saffron - failing all else, have a look at the salons in your area and see what sort of prices they have. Australia tends to be cheaper than uk for beauty treatments. I wouldn't dream of charging my uk prices in Australia! Mind you the cost of living is cheaper!!

Craig, saffron already said tat she's having problems finding mobile therapists online.

Saffron - failing all else, have a look at the salons in your area and see what sort of prices they have. Australia tends to be cheaper than uk for beauty treatments. I wouldn't dream of charging my uk prices in Australia! Mind you the cost of living is cheaper!!

Cost of living is cheaper in oz than the UK?! I never found this!!!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

"Mind you the cost of living is cheaper!!" Hmmm, when was the last time you were there? If it is cheaper at all now it's only just (with the exception of fuel!) PGx

I am an Australian living in scotland and the cost of living here is most definitely more expensive. I would say I'm pretty well qualified to say that as I have run a business and a home in both countries.

The cost of living is so much more in oz! A pack of apples in a supermarket in the UK you can get for 99p in coles never found cheaper Than 5bucks! Yea the wages are higher but living is more there! My rent worked out €1.200 a month in a shared apartment in a suburb in Brisbane i can get my own flat in central London for the same price!

Craig Keane
www.hculture.co.uk

I found that when I was doing mobile massage, people expect to pay way less than in a salon. When you take into account travel and petrol prices, I stopped doing it. That was when petrol was only $1.40 a litre....the other day I payed over $1.60 a litre...there's no way in hell I'd do mobile now.

I even had a beauty therapist tell me that $50 per hour mobile was too expensive for her. I don't want clients like that anyway who are going to whinge.

Hi craig

Yes i am going on a working holiday visa,my sister lives out there she is married to a aussie and they have twin boys so we are pretty lucky no rent etc.
I am hoping to apply to stay for good but want to make sure we like it first.

On the new holiday visa we can work for 6 months so fingers crossed. Was it jobs in general that you found tough finding?
We are making sure to bring enough money to cover ourselfs just incase.
I work as a hairdresser here( as well as my beauty therapy exams in june) so will work at either. Cant wait :)

Latest posts

Back