Beauty room rental in hairdressing salon.

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Milliecat

Reaction score
Hi all,

I am a mobile beauty therapist and have been contacted today by a hairdressers to ask if I would be interested in renting their beauty room and running it. They said rent would be £50.00 per day but while establishing the beauty side of the business would work on a commission basis. I do not know what the going rate is for rental charges or what kind of commission cut I should be going with. Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

Hi, it does depend on your area and how busy the location is eg. in a busy high street. but £50 a day sounds far too expensive!!!! I have heard £30 a day and this makes me realise how lucky I am with my £62.50 a week! x

Hi all,

I am a mobile beauty therapist and have been contacted today by a hairdressers to ask if I would be interested in renting their beauty room and running it. They said rent would be £50.00 per day but while establishing the beauty side of the business would work on a commission basis. I do not know what the going rate is for rental charges or what kind of commission cut I should be going with. Can anyone help?

Many thanks.

In order to make it work you HAVE to at LEAST make £50 a day JUST to cover the rent. Think about it SERIOUSLY hun x
If you have so many clients then great, do it.....but in this recesssion I think it's a bit of a joke tbh.
UNLESS you are in Central London etc. Or even ANY City Centre.
Don't be taken in by the therapists that are struggling for work and think that YOU can make that money up.
Sorry but that's my honest opinion x

that is seriously expensive.
I would say that you are prepared to walk away from it as they are asking way to much.

what happens when you want to take annual leave? what happens when you are ill? what happens when you are in a middle of a credit crunch?

consider HOW MANY treatments you will need to cover EVERY day before you even start to make a profit, and I promise you that you will have a sleepless night thinking about it. Now imagine you take this on on their terms, and x those sleepless nights everytime you have no clients booked in or you have a full book and half of them cancel or don't turn up. its just not worth it.

tell them, £50 for the week.

That is way too much in my opinion. Sounds to me as though they owner is wanting you to pay her rent for her on the whole premises!!!!

thats £250 a week (mon-fri), therefore £1000 every 4 weeks and then minus products aswell!!!! you buy a house 4 that a run your business from it!!! £50 a day is an absolute joke!!! x

This seems a lot. I have a salon in Hertfordshire and i rent a chair out to a hairdresser for £20.00 a day and she has more chance in earning more.

I think thats is way to high have you got to supply all your stuff, Advertising etc? I would see if you can work on a % basis for the 1st month to see how things go.

Good luck

Hi Hun,
Way too expensive......and they would also benefit from your mobile clients that would want to follow you.
£50 for the week would be ok to start with.
You could pay a mortage on a shop @ £1,000 a month. Think very hard........I would run in the op direction.
Best of luck
Lotsa luv x :hug: x

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your advice so far.

I have a meeting with the owner tomorrow afternoon, will go along and see what she has to say but does anyone have any tips on what sort of questions I need to be asking her?

Many thanks once again.

xxxx

no thanks...
that's far to expensive, i pay far less then that and i've got a small hairdressing salon.
thg:confused:

Hi Hun,
Way too expensive......and they would also benefit from your mobile clients that would want to follow you.
£50 for the week would be ok to start with.
You could pay a mortage on a shop @ £1,000 a month. Think very hard........I would run in the op direction.
Best of luck
Lotsa luv x :hug: x
Exactly what I was about to say, or rent a shop for that if you didn't want to buy. . .
One of the girls who used to work for me pays £140 per week for her beauty room within a nail salon, (in a fairly busy suburban location). That seems more than enough to me.

Hi girls,

Thanks for the advice.

Obviously I will be questioning the price with the salon owner. It is based on a business park in Harlow, Essex, any suggestions what I should suggest rental wise, should I say no more than £50.00 for the week. Obviously new to setting up my mobile business I don't want to go straight in to a salon full time. I was thinking maybe three days a week? I have to ask do you think it better to stay mobile?

Thanks.xx

Latest posts

Back