Beauty | Single Dad Goes To School To Learn How To Style Daughter's Hair

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

The Ed.

Reaction score
It's one of those heart-warming, goose-bump inspiring stories that makes you want to hug everyone you see. Single dad, Greg Wickherst, has made the news after deciding to go to cosmetology school so that he could learn how to style his three-year-old's hair.

As a man who have spent the majority of his life shaving his head, he admits he had no idea what to do with hair, especially his little girl's hair. Having split from her mother over a year ago, Wickherst decided to take matters into his own hands and went and sought advice from the cosmetology department at IntelliTec College in Colorado, where he works.

"In no time, I was able to do a simple braid, then a fishbone braid, and a French braid. I learned how to do a ponytail, then flip it through itself either under or over. I call that an inverted ponytail," he said.

I call that too damn sweet for words.

And his advice for other single dads? Enjoy every minute. "The good and the not-so-good. Even the blowout diapers, the tantrums in the store, and the late night, up sick, catching-throw-up-in-your-bare-hands nights. Because it doesn't last forever."

Until then...geek on!

The Ed.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    30 KB · Views: 137
Sounds like a great dad!

However, it's not just dads who struggle to do simple plaits/up-do's.

It's the sort of thing a hairdresser trying to establish themselves can do at a playgroup or school Fayre. Take along a long haired head block on a stand and do a few demonstrations using some pretty accessories or 1:1 sessions for the parents.
Have your business cards on display too.

Great idea AcidPerm!

Latest posts

Back