Beauty Therapy Diploma NVQ Level 2 advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thankyou for your advice, it is me but chose a better pic if that makes sense. I have been asking like mad for models and alot have said yes they will help so just hope im not let down. Like last night i txt my mum to tell her eastenders was on bbc2 because of the olympics. She txt back to say yeah i know im recording it i then put back oh sorry and replied with dont be a d@&*. Straigh away i felt my self get all upset again and dont know why. I have booked more cbt classes now so i hope that will guide me a little bit. Im going to barnet college which is also a high street spa so im guessing there will be loads of people to practice on i have just got to get through these nerves as i shake and thats not good hehe x

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

Good Morning Claire

Don't worry about models there are loads out there, the colledge will help you and you will probably practice on each other. if not you can always advertise on Gumtree, who wouldn't want a free beauty treatment?
With regards to nerves DON'T WORRY. I have just turned 40 and was worried that it would be all beautiful teenagers in my class and that they would be looking at me like I was the eldest one there but it was not like that. The girls and women were of all different ages, sizes and from all different backgrounds and were very supportive. Remember you are in the same position as everyone else, you are all new to this and only just starting out.

Take care and good luck xx

Thankyou for your advice, it is me but chose a better pic if that makes sense. I have been asking like mad for models and alot have said yes they will help so just hope im not let down. Like last night i txt my mum to tell her eastenders was on bbc2 because of the olympics. She txt back to say yeah i know im recording it i then put back oh sorry and replied with dont be a d@&*. Straigh away i felt my self get all upset again and dont know why. I have booked more cbt classes now so i hope that will guide me a little bit. Im going to barnet college which is also a high street spa so im guessing there will be loads of people to practice on i have just got to get through these nerves as i shake and thats not good hehe x

Ive heard good things about that college good luck! Im starting my level3 in september too, nervous too as its a new college to me (as I did not want to go to my level2 college). You will be absolutely fine and confidence will come too eventually!!! I have a part time job in a spa now and never thought I would get through it at first but now I am just enjoying it and dont get nervous!!! same thing with the clients in school I was soooo nervous at first but once you start, it gets easier and then you start enjoying it once the panic-nerves have calmed down!!! good luck!!!!!!!!!! xxxx

Update: Have got my acceptence got my books and kit, just waiting for uniform now start on 18th sept x

My uniform is here :) not long now.. To start my new journey x

My uniform is here :) not long now.. To start my new journey x

No long love I start l3 on 26th sept can't wait x

Bless you i know billie not long ahh good luck on your level 3 hun hope you do well xx

Uniform arrived its black quite smart ,going into panic mode and cant sleep or eat have 2 days to go and wondering am I doing the right thing so so worried :(

Uniform arrived its black quite smart ,going into panic mode and cant sleep or eat have 2 days to go and wondering am I doing the right thing so so worried :(

Your be fine I had a interview this week for a salon got my trade test on Wednesday so get a part time job xxxx

Ahh bless you good luck for wednesday im sure you will be fine x

Good luck hun. I'm sure you'll do brilliantly :) I recently just finished my NVQ LV2 at the age of almost 21. I'd always had a strong passion for makeup and beauty but all though my teens I was worried about what people would think if I studied beauty rather than traditional academic subjects; I tried studying journalism at uni but had no passion for it, my heart was always in beauty, so last year I quit uni and decided its my life and time to do what I want regardless of what people think and I decided to take the plunge and go for an NVQ LV2 in Beauty Therapy and loved every second of it, I was nervous at first but once I got into it I knew it was the course for me :) I began my LV3 at beginning of October and am so nervous about doing more advanced treatments but know this is in the industry I want to be in so really excited about it :)

Last edited:

hi sweet I really hope everything has started well for u and you are enjoying it? I started my level 3 in a new college and everyone is 17-19 (eeeeeeeeeek) except one other plus me but Im there to learn and just want to get through this as quickly as possible and then im free! Love this industry im so passionet about it and so happy i took the plunge to change my career, i hope same goes for you hun!!!!!! X

I too changed career to re-train into Beauty Therapy. I have very low self-esteem and it has taken me 3 years of training to build my confidence up slowly. The worst thing for me was working with girls. I cannot stand nasty, callous, back-stabbing behaviour and that was the impression I got of the industry when I started college.

You are only just learning so try not to be too hard on yourself or let others do the same. Get plenty of practice at home and you will be fine! You're beautiful and you clearly have passion for the industry so don't let anyone put you down or hold you back (most especially yourself!)

:Love::Love::Love:

Hi girls, thankyou for your messages well done for completing your l2 such good news and good luck with your l3 im sure you will be fine and at least kind if know what to expect. I am ok mixed feelings really.. Seem like nice girls on the course but seem very confident. I started tuesday and it was really just an introduction at what we would be doing. Im doing this part time twice a week in the evening. So on tuesdays i have a tutor and our first subject is eye treatments. Last night met my second tutor for thursdays and started on a bit if theory for waxing then one of the girls offered to be part if the demo and all of us had one go to be honest i panicked and came out questioning myself why am i doing this.. I know im frightend at first but think i will overcome this but my problem is someone doing it to me ni because if it going wrong hurting etc im just so embarrassed of my body i know i will just tense up.. Im frightend that my confidence is going to let me down.. I hope i do get to enjoy this. X

Hi girls, thankyou for your messages well done for completing your l2 such good news and good luck with your l3 im sure you will be fine and at least kind if know what to expect. I am ok mixed feelings really.. Seem like nice girls on the course but seem very confident. I started tuesday and it was really just an introduction at what we would be doing. Im doing this part time twice a week in the evening. So on tuesdays i have a tutor and our first subject is eye treatments. Last night met my second tutor for thursdays and started on a bit if theory for waxing then one of the girls offered to be part if the demo and all of us had one go to be honest i panicked and came out questioning myself why am i doing this.. I know im frightend at first but think i will overcome this but my problem is someone doing it to me ni because if it going wrong hurting etc im just so embarrassed of my body i know i will just tense up.. Im frightend that my confidence is going to let me down.. I hope i do get to enjoy this. X

You will probably end up being the best student in the class! Why, because you are passionate and willing to follow your heart! Some of the other girls who are uber confident may well end up being over confident, and not take the course as seriously as you will.

Being nervous about being a model for the other students is a good thing - that's exactly how some of your future clients will be, and you will be in a position to empathise and put them at ease. Having a painful treatment by another student can also be very good experience for you - it will show you exactly how NOT to do a particular treatment, and you will learn from that. Don't worry about the pain, it will only last a short while, and if your tutors are the standard they should be, they will supervise the whole time.

Try and stay positive. Each time you master a new skill your confidence levels will soar, and I bet within a few months, or even weeks, you will wonder what you were so worried about :hug:

Keep us all informed xxxxxxxx

all I can say is - please dont give up! you deserve to succeed in this and you will! the way you are just means that you will do things very well as you will want to do the best there is. I am like that too. And I am not a very confident person I was extremely nervous starting in beauty etc..... and I had soooooooooooo many doubts. Please dont give up and stick with it! never mind the confident girls, being confident is definitely not always being the best X

Thankyou hun i will try..thanka again for your reply. Read my text book for a bit on waxing yesderday and was sinking in a little xx

Start my level 3 in morning feel like new kid at school lol x

My journey so far.. Time has gone so quick since the interview. I went to my 5th lesson on tuesday and then i have one tomorrow evening 6 until 9 pm. On tuesday we were doing eye treatments my work partner already had her eyelashes tinted the week before so i was the guinea pig and had mine done. I then was about to do a eyebrow tidy up on her and again went to pot. Havent ever used tweezers i know that sounds sad but i just have this thought of always hurting someone. The theory is sticking in but the practical my nerves are getting the better of me. I really cant do this. Have waxing tomorrow and im already in a panic. X

Honey just go for it. You're not going to hurt them. You are all there to learn and be guinea pigs for each other. Stick to what you have been taught and you will have no worries at all. If it hurts they will tell you and you can even ask your lecturer how you can improve your technique. In all honest y though you'll probably be absolutely fine. Steel those nerves!

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using SalonGeek

Latest posts

Back