beauty therapy home course?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rouge

Reaction score
Speaking personally, I wouldn't think a home course is such a good idea. There are so many practical skills to learn in beauty therapy, and these can only be learnt by WATCHING someone perform the treatments. It would be very difficult unless you see the treatments to know whether you're doing them properly, and how would you know if you're doing them wrongly unless you have someone there to guide you?

Please think very carefully before you spend out money on a course that may not be suitable. You also need to check whether the qualification will be insurable. There are quite a few 'learning centres' who issue certificates that aren't worth the paper they're written on.

In my honest opinion, I think you will be better off going to college to do an NVQ or VTCT qualification.

I'm sorry if I seem negative, but I'd hate to think of you spending your hard-earned money on a course that's not suitable.

You don't sound negative at all rouge. You are politely giving your opinion and I happen to think your advice is very good.

After long & hard consideration last year, I chose to study beauty therapy at college. I was very close to signing up with a course which offered me an opportunity to sit for an NVQ level 2 exam at the end of my studies, but the whole course involved only 5 days at college to begin with. The rest was to be followed up at home.

Personally, I am not disciplined enough for a home study course. However, my biggest concern was that if I was to make mistakes in following beauty procedures at home, I would continue to make those mistakes because nobody was available to correct me.

The college course I am about to undertake is very expensive, but I will receive constant supervision as opposed to the home study course, which was also quite pricey.

What happened to the original post? It's vanished! :lol: My first post was a response to someone so if this thread doesn't make sense don't blame me, lol.

What happened to the original post? It's vanished! :lol: My first post was a response to someone so if this thread doesn't make sense don't blame me, lol.

:lol::lol::lol: I wondered what was going on! How did that happen??

:lol::lol::lol: I wondered what was going on! How did that happen??
Methinks we have gremlins! If it's not that, I have no idea. :)

I was wondeing that as well,lol:)

PMSL, I thought you were starting a thread rouge with some helpful advice:lol:. Never mind, you made sense to me, but I would imagine the thread starter deleted the post and not the thread.

Latest posts

Back