Beauty tips

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chloester

Reaction score
whats your best beauty tip?

mines would have to be put a little liquid/gel eyeliner on your eyelash curlers before curling your lashes then hold for 30 seconds each eye! leaves you with massive eyelashes then put eyeliner on your top water line so your lashes look longer as it doesn't show skin where they lift up! looks fab no need for false lashes after this simple trick!

whats everyone elses top beauty tips?

Great tips!

When applying mascara, apply just at the tips of the lashes and bottom then move on to next eye. Then go back and cover the whole lash top to bottom on both eyes. Makes the lashes appear much longer!

Also I am hearing now about powdering before foundation application? It was on Wayne Goss youtube tutorial, apparantly makes foundation last 12 hours, great for oily skin and foundation applies better!

whats your best beauty tip?

mines would have to be put a little liquid/gel eyeliner on your eyelash curlers before curling your lashes then hold for 30 seconds each eye! leaves you with massive eyelashes then put eyeliner on your top water line so your lashes look longer as it doesn't show skin where they lift up! looks fab no need for false lashes after this simple trick!

whats everyone elses top beauty tips?

Thanks for the tip I will give that a go x

Always remove your make-up no matter how late.. Always use moisteriser with an SPF. Drink plenty of water. Just a few..:)

Sent from my GT-I9195 using SalonGeek mobile app

retinol at night and a good sunscreen like Bioderma or a Japanese one during the day.

Great tips!

When applying mascara, apply just at the tips of the lashes and bottom then move on to next eye. Then go back and cover the whole lash top to bottom on both eyes. Makes the lashes appear much longer!

Also I am hearing now about powdering before foundation application? It was on Wayne Goss youtube tutorial, apparantly makes foundation last 12 hours, great for oily skin and foundation applies better!

I've been powdering before my foundation for years and it does help! Not miracle cure for oily skin but it does prolong wear for a bit longer, with the right foundation too xx

another tip for when your tinting eyelashes
use cotton buds (ear buds) to remove some of the tint before cleansing, helps remove more of the tint and minimizes chances of clients eyes being irritated

I am having a skin disaster lately, due to lots of facials over a long time in college and all my foundation just looks so dry and cakey and it seems now that none of te colours even suit my skin, I also am having lots of breakouts that just wont stop and find the foundation & concealor lasts only about an hour on these areas! So so annoying and Its actually really getting me down as Im always so paranoid because I never had skin problems before.

Anyone any make up tips for this?! Wish I could afford the likes of double wear or skin base!

I am having a skin disaster lately, due to lots of facials over a long time in college and all my foundation just looks so dry and cakey and it seems now that none of te colours even suit my skin, I also am having lots of breakouts that just wont stop and find the foundation & concealor lasts only about an hour on these areas! So so annoying and Its actually really getting me down as Im always so paranoid because I never had skin problems before.

Anyone any make up tips for this?! Wish I could afford the likes of double wear or skin base!

oh thats terrible, get yourself a hydrating moisturizer and for spots i normally put tea tree oil on my spots, stings but it kills them
best concealer i have ever used is benefits! but there is a clear skin one which is actually enriched in tea tree oil so it covers and helps stop spots :)
im not a pro when it comes to skin but i hope this helps some how
go see a dermatologist for your dry skin, even if you go into debenhams and go to one of the make up counters they can help xxx

Great idea for a thread 👍❤️

Bright blusher under foundation, apply your blusher first then put your foundation over the top, it gives a lovely finish x

oh thats terrible, get yourself a hydrating moisturizer and for spots i normally put tea tree oil on my spots, stings but it kills them
best concealer i have ever used is benefits! but there is a clear skin one which is actually enriched in tea tree oil so it covers and helps stop spots :)
im not a pro when it comes to skin but i hope this helps some how
go see a dermatologist for your dry skin, even if you go into debenhams and go to one of the make up counters they can help xxx

I have done skin myself with doing the facials but she never really taught ya how to get rid of spots if you arent using dermalogica, I think the dermalogica was too harsh on my skin and 2 facials a week for 12 weeks was just a recipe for disaster! Gonna keep on the lookout for a hydrating moisturiser and think I have tea tree oil and maybe even get bio oil to get rid of all the marks!

Thanks for your help :) xx

I'm in love with philosophy products, I would recommend them over any beauty brands. They're designed by dermatologists :) I had the same problem with my skin when I was at college many moons ago, doing electrical facials constantly wasn't good for my skin xxx

I always always apply translucent powdet under eyes before i apply powder eyeshadow ,it catches all the powder eyeshadow from making you look like you have 2 black eyes
Sweep away translucent powder with brush x

Sent from my GT-I9505 using SalonGeek mobile app

I've been powdering before my foundation for years and it does help! Not miracle cure for oily skin but it does prolong wear for a bit longer, with the right foundation too xx

I have tried this today ( I use Clinique ) and I have to say it works - I usually look So much more oily by this time of night on a late shift !!

Thanks for the tip girls 👍😋

Any tips for a powder? Oil free ? I use mac foundation in studio tech, have really oily skin with breakouts!
Xx

I have tried this today ( I use Clinique ) and I have to say it works - I usually look So much more oily by this time of night on a late shift !!

Thanks for the tip girls 👍😋

I used to do this but found when applied the foundation it didn't mix with powder or something? And didn't look good. I wonder why this was?! Maybe I'll try again though!

Great thread following 😜 x

Giving up on the will to live! I've bought thousands of foundations recently for my kit and cannot find a good foundation for dry skin, it just sits there! I've used sponges, stippling brushes, foundation brush, fingers, I've tried it all! And I still can't get a good finish! Skin care routine is good. It just doesn't wear well, and I'm having the same problem on my friend with dry skin. And her wedding is in august!!!

I use illamasqua hydra veil primer first.
I've tried Bobbi brown, illamasque, Estée Lauder, chanel, HD professional, mac, Dior, derma blend, and new cid foundations,

Anyone have any tips or foundations they've tried that u can recommend? :)

(Sorry for the long post lol)

If you suffer from hay fever a little Vaseline around your nostrils can catch pollen and help stop sneezing
Also use Vaseline on lips after giving them a gently buff with a face cloth then apply lipstick to get lovely healthy looking lips with no cracks

Latest posts

Back