Beautylicious Ideas please!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilsparkles

Reaction score
Hi everyone!

I am currently a beauty counter manager in a department store in the Birmingham area. I only started last week and have a bit of a challenge on my hands.

I have a complete passion and belief in the brand and used the product before, which is helpful. However I have possibly inherited a counter that has not been nurtured, and the customers had good service in the beginning but I am under the impression they have not been given much of a follow up service or TLC. It is also quite a quiet store during the week days and it is not possible to rely on passing trade as my only income.

It is now my challenge and responsibilty to turn this around and make it a success. I really care about it and have so much enthusiasm but it is hard to think of ways to obtain custom.

I am hoping that some of you may be able to help me to think of ways to draw clients in etc. No idea is a bad idea!!! Also if you are in the birmingham area get in touch! I have only just moved to the area too and do not know anyone apart from my partner! Therefore it would be useful if anyone has any contacts for local events I could perhaps get involved with.

Thank you, all you beautilicous babes xxx

Hi everyone!

I am currently a beauty counter manager in a department store in the Birmingham area. I only started last week and have a bit of a challenge on my hands.

I have a complete passion and belief in the brand and used the product before, which is helpful. However I have possibly inherited a counter that has not been nurtured, and the customers had good service in the beginning but I am under the impression they have not been given much of a follow up service or TLC. It is also quite a quiet store during the week days and it is not possible to rely on passing trade as my only income.

It is now my challenge and responsibilty to turn this around and make it a success. I really care about it and have so much enthusiasm but it is hard to think of ways to obtain custom.

I am hoping that some of you may be able to help me to think of ways to draw clients in etc. No idea is a bad idea!!! Also if you are in the birmingham area get in touch! I have only just moved to the area too and do not know anyone apart from my partner! Therefore it would be useful if anyone has any contacts for local events I could perhaps get involved with.

Thank you, all you beautilicous babes xxx

Well firstly, for the local events, check out Lynne Baker's thread on networking and getting yourself more business. I seem to be constantly recommending this at the moment, but that's because it contains some fantastic ideas. Try out one or two, and see if they work. If they do, you'll know how to proceed. If they don't, try something different.

For the sales side of things:

Are you giving free demos and treatments like trying the new lip colours, or a file and paint in the new colours? It might be worth trying to create a buzz about the new products to get people interested.

Do you give samples? Can you give bonus packs for a certain spend? I'm always more likely to spend if I can get more for my money.

Thank you so much amazing advice! I will look at all of those things :)

Keep it coming guys!!

xxx

I agree with the free demos etc.
How about offering a free makeover with your brands products and hopefully they will buy the products?

Then offer them a follow up appointment a few weeks later to see how they are finding the product and if they are applying everything correctly to get maximum results.

Then of course, you could recommend a nail colour to compliment the new make up look.

I always find demos of things people find tricky (ie, applying strip lashes) very useful as it draws in a crowd.
You could also have leaflets made to show what colours and contours people need, covering every skin type/hair/eye colour.

Hope this helps x

Hi.
I have been in a similar situation myself having worked for a few cosmetic houses in store.
I started to network with all the staff on other departments firstly; if they are using and wearing your products they will naturally promote for you. Perhaps you could offer them a makeover free of charge, a nice way to introduce yourself and get chatting to them. They get discounts too so I am sure you'd get some sales.
Women Institutions are always great, coffee mornings, evening events and any charity events going on you should get involved in.
I did a day at a care centre for terminally ill patients, just giving them some mini hand and arm massage, trying a new lipstick etc- this got me in the paper and I had customers tell me they had seen it!
Always make sure your counter looks fab, striking and clean. Saturdays are great days for "Focus Days".
We did a Lushious Lips competition; trying on a new lip stick and kissing a post it note - the store manager (male) judged and the winner won a hamper of products.

Ultimately, keep smiling, people are still apprehensive about us "beauty girls" so be approachable and friendly always.

Good luck xx

Thank you so much!
Really wicked idas
xxx

Latest posts

Back