Becoming a partner in the salon

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Megdav87

Reaction score
I currently work in a small salon (2 treatment rooms one nail bar) where I am self employed taking 50% of my takings.
I love the salon but do feel it doesn't reach it's full potential. Money needs spending on it to redecorate and possibly introduce a better product range. Plus the owner is not very good when it comes to marketing the business.
We are part of a hair dressers and it has been suggested that my boss take on a third treatment room in the building. At the moment there are just two of us but the third room would allow for another.
She cannot afford to expand and develop the salon and it has been suggested that I invest in the business and become a partner which I am very keen to do as I've been itching to develop the salon for some time and think I could make it very successful.
I am after some advice on how we would go about this...
It would be simpler if she wanted to be 50/50 partners but I have a feeling she would want me to have a smaller percentage in which case it gets complicated.
Has anyone got any suggestions how this arrangement would work.
Sorry if this post sounds a little vague...we have only had a brief discussion.

then

Hi there... Partnerships tend not to be the best structure for a business. You sound fairly savvy and have your own ideas..why worry about another person when you can do this yourself!!

Thanks MrsP, I've decided to hold off for the time being. I'm not totally convinced with the idea at the moment. I think you might be right! X

Latest posts

Back