Becoming an Educator

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

master30

Reaction score
Can people tell me if its the norm to charge you if you wish/would like to become an Educator for nail companies.

by charge you, do you mean to buy in products? or training? or do you mean there is a charge to be called an enducator? ie, you pay xxxx and hey presto you an educator?

well i paid for ezflow educator training but i will be able to teach if i pass so theres potential to earn a lot more. If you will be teaching within a company it's probably normal as you'll still have the qualification :)

As far as I know, it is normal. Iryna paid to attend Instructor classes at different times in her career and as we are now manufacturers ourselves we also charge - but we do give a lot of product.

I think charging is fair considering the person receives education and if they pass the exams will get a higher diploma. Becoming an Educator is like starting a new business and brings the chance of additional income - if someone can't afford to invest, they shouldn't do it.

Incidentally, I know of a school in Russia that charges their Educators 1000 Euro's just to be re-examined each year - and it's mandatory. Plus they have to pay an additional fee each year to use the companies name and be an affiliate.

I used to be an educator for ProFinish and European Touch. We did not pay for our training. Truly that seems a bit crazy to me.

You don't as such pay to become an Educator, but you do pay for your Educator training. This seems perfectly fair to me, as Educator training by it's very name is the best most intensive course you will attend.
Attendees will already have reached the top level with their brand, be it Master Artist or Grand Master, therefore the Educator's taking the Educator Course will have to be International Educators. Their costs will have to be met, and their time is well worth paying for!!

The cost of the course will of course be offset by the Educators kit that will be provided which should include every product in the range...well how can you teach something if you don't have it?

Most Courses are a week in duration so technically if you get a great Educators kit and amazing Education that takes you to another level, all you really are paying out for is your accomodation.
HTH

Latest posts

Back