Becoming over familiar in business

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This will be a completely different argument but this is not a personal attack to you. .just generalising. .. People make decisions to sign on the dotted line, no one forced the hand to sign the contract to enter the army. Soldiers are there to fight for our country they know this before they join. It is a job that had been chosen by the individual. Some people choose to work in an office. .. they could die crossing the road in the morning trying to get to work. I wouldn't expect an administration assistant to get the same salary or privilages as a MD... the same applies in the army. However if we start a debate on the age they join and the lack of equipment they get I would stand behind the argument 100%.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using SalonGeek mobile app

I believe your statement would bring a tear to a glass eye!

Yes it was their choice to join, a selfless commitment to their country and their children should not be penalised.

I invite you to come and live a month in my shoes and see if you feel the same.

Just because an officer has a degree behind them certainly doesn't make them a better soldier,

But when my husband gets commissioned from starting at the very bottom of the ladder I will come back and still say jocks and officers children should be given the same educational opportunities.

I understand it's not a personal attack but I have an opinion and this all started because I corrected someone who was stating something that was untrue

Oh dear me... I got to page 5 and was too horrified to read any further!!! What a lot of point scoring, back biting and just plain meaness

That made me chuckle though! You still managed to leave your comment! And a valid one it was too. :)

Well things just got even more perculiar and slightly judgemental......can't call a race on one personal bad experience now can we!?

I think this thread may be one of those that morphs into an entirely different thread, nothing to do with the original "Thought provoking" topic.

Where did this comment get thought up from! It was a bit of fun and a funny experience that happened to me that I shared.... wind your neck in please!

I believe your statement would bring a tear to a glass eye!

Yes it was their choice to join, a selfless commitment to their country and their children should not be penalised.

I invite you to come and live a month in my shoes and see if you feel the same.

Just because an officer has a degree behind them certainly doesn't make them a better soldier,

But when my husband gets commissioned from starting at the very bottom of the ladder I will come back and still say jocks and officers children should be given the same educational opportunities.

I understand it's not a personal attack but I have an opinion and this all started because I corrected someone who was stating something that was untrue

I am not defensive with your reply. We all have opinions and I don't think any less because we disagree. :)

It should not be the aim to close threads.

We should be having constructive discussions where people accept that people will do what they want & say what they want & there is nothing wrong with that.

We are all individuals and if we were all the same the world would be a dull place to live.

Agree to disagree with those who do things differently to you as there is not just one way to do things.

I'm not sure how many more ways I can put it really.

:Love::Love::Love:

It's gone way off topic anyway,

<3 love is like the magic penny .

Sent from my iPad using SalonGeek

Yes so was I, but under no circumstances would I humiliate myself by telling people, besides my private school had tons of chavs using either the bursary system to their advantage or "assisted places' back in the day. It was a shame for them having to put up with a load of middle class dorks at school and then having to go back to the hood. NONE of these kids had ANY benefit but a knock to their self esteem they were all quiet bright and would of been better placed locally. In edinburgh 25% of children are privately educated and of that 25% get funding of some sort, parents earning under £50k get help in the very biggest private school in Edinburgh. Now do yourself a favour and stop showing off, I'm cringing now!

Me showing off!

You started it!

Surrey Girl through and through x

It's gone way off topic anyway,

But does it matter. . People are still debating and talking and becoming argumentative. ..I think it's better read than the normal threads of all the same content. This thread has been at the top of the listings for days. .. People keep bumping it up by keep posting " is gone off track" personally I don't care.

Cheers Hun I will "calm down" in your scouse salon with a relaxing massage!

Glad to hear it hen.

Please feel free to bring me some square sausage and haggis too! I will swap either for one of the above for one of our finest Liverpool shell suits.

If you can detour through Newcastle I would appreciate some pease pudding too (seeing as I'm a Geordie), and a quick trip via Australia for a kangaroo burger would please our Australian manageress no end!

Is Italy out of the question for one of our directors? If so, no worries, a quick trip to Wales such suffice for a sheep for our Welsh colourist.

Our Chinese colour director starts in 2 weeks time.

Actually, looking at the above, only just realised but I have a pretty diverse team?

:)

But does it matter. . People are still debating and talking and becoming argumentative. ..I think it's better read than the normal threads of all the same content. This thread has been at the top of the listings for days. .. People keep bumping it up by keep posting " is gone off track" personally I don't care.

I think I'm going to be avoiding chit chat from now on then ,
sad how salon geek seems to be getting undone one board at a time at the mo.
some of the things I've read lately have been rather offensive ,
I would "report " but I know the mods are busy enough .

I agree. A lot of this is getting quite personal and I think a lot of geeks are becoming uncomfortable to post due to certain people on here that are extremely rude and disrespectful. It all seems to be a bit of attention seeking and getting a rush out of causing arguments.
We're from all walks of life, please don't be so judgemental and generalising people! Love and respect to everyone! Xx

I completely agree with Jessica15.

I dare say there are people wondering why this thread hasn't been closed, but really why should it? Also there is no purpose in editing out any posts that went off topic.

This thread has had me laughing out loud, gasping with shock, and nodding my head in agreement !

What a great thread for getting to know our fellow geeks :wink2:

Thanks to this thread we can easily see the helpful down to Earth Geeks, the funny sarcastic ones, the sensitive and defensive geeks, and last but certainly not least the Geeks who love a good argument and would start one in an empty house! In fact there seems to be a couple of geeks who's whole raison d'etre is to stir up arguments ;).
Maybe if we didn't take the bait they would go off and 'play' somewhere else.

No need to avoid this thread or the chit chat Forum, read it and learn a lot about your fellow Geeks and heart and rep the ones you like....and make note to avoid the ones you don't!
(Even if its just because they say Hun,hen, lovey or darling!)

There are so many hormones on here it could well lead to an explosion on Planet Geek. Take cover:biggrin:

This thread is superbly entertaining, I love how everything has been thrown in here, including a bit of racism, sweeping generalisations and the great North South Divide with a bit of classism for good measure!
Almost getting back on topic, I was asked what I use so here you are my darlin Squidgernetball aka Vicki!

I use the following terms of endearment, bear in mind that direct translation and meaning differ ie: cara translates directly to dear, but I don't use that in English, I use 'lovely', a lot! :-D flower
is reserved for those I hold really dear.

Cara (mia cara, cara mia) when I know someone very well. It generally means my darling.
Bella ( I use it a lot, for my family, for my friends and for shock horror..my Clients!) no one minds, everyone uses it. x

This thread is superbly entertaining, I love how everything has been thrown in here, including a bit of racism, sweeping generalisations and the great North South Divide with a bit of classism for good measure!
Almost getting back on topic, I was asked what I use so here you are my darlin Squidgernetball aka Vicki!

I use the following terms of endearment, bear in mind that direct translation and meaning differ ie: cara translates directly to dear, but I don't use that in English, I use 'lovely', a lot! :-D flower

Cara (mia cara, cara mia) when I know someone very well. It generally means my darling.
Bella ( I use it a lot, for my family, for my friends and for shock horror..my Clients!) no one minds, everyone uses it. x

I think it's so nice!! I get so chuffed when someone calls me bella, hunny etc even if I don't say them myself xx

Bella? Thats ace! Ive never heard that one before

<3

Bella? Thats ace! Ive never heard that one before

<3

Am in Italy :-D it's the equivalent really of English darling, lovely all in one and is used in the same way, although directly translated to beautiful. We use it in conversations a lot x

Thanks hon - it's great to know my market stall mentality can carry across different languages and nations. I'm off to Liverpool this afternoon. Wish I was going to see some of the lovely welcoming sounding girls on here!

Thanks hon - it's great to know my market stall mentality can carry across different languages and nations. I'm off to Liverpool this afternoon. Wish I was going to see some of the lovely welcoming sounding girls on here!

Pleased to help babe! It were nowt. Am off to stick my feet up and ponder if no matter how educated or who I am around my warmth will always show through, is it my northern genes? I do hope so but I think it has nothing to do with class, location, upbringing, education or any suchlike and more to do with humility and an ability to hold your own :-D have a nice time in Liverpool x

Last edited:
I think I'm going to be avoiding chit chat from now on then ,
sad how salon geek seems to be getting undone one board at a time at the mo.
some of the things I've read lately have been rather offensive ,
I would "report " but I know the mods are busy enough

Really. What exactly would you report?. It wouldn't enter my head even though I'm quite confident a good few of these posts are aimed at me.....if you can't stand the heat get out of the kitchen - so to speak. I can't believe people get offended so easily and over what!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to hear it hen.

Please feel free to bring me some square sausage and haggis too! I will swap either for one of the above for one of our finest Liverpool shell suits.

If you can detour through Newcastle I would appreciate some pease pudding too (seeing as I'm a Geordie), and a quick trip via Australia for a kangaroo burger would please our Australian manageress no end!

Is Italy out of the question for one of our directors? If so, no worries, a quick trip to Wales such suffice for a sheep for our Welsh colourist.

Our Chinese colour director starts in 2 weeks time.

Actually, looking at the above, only just realised but I have a pretty diverse team?

:)

Wah aye lass sounds Sounds like the "united colours of Benetton" advert your salon!

Latest posts

Back