Before and after-again

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With a hairdryer and brush. Hairdryer pointing root to tip to avoid the 'ruffled cuticle' look. Your arms should be up, and elbows out to get the correct angle. Dryer in left hand, brush in right hand.

It's all about control.

That's what I did lol x

I would have taken some more weight out the back, cleaned up the baseline, made sure that there wasn't a gap between the back and the sides (just behind the ear) blowdried with volume, and i would have probably taken the sides a bit shorter so the cut has some continuity - does that make sense? it does it my head anyway lol x

She wants to grow her sides longer lol x

This is it from a different view, it looked better in real life. I use osmo products x

Can you see the issue with the front hairline ( short bits hanging forward), and the baseline looks iffy. Theden is right, the sides don't quite work with the back.

If you're styling a bob straight and flat at the front, don't over direct it back or forwards when cutting. Downwards only. That way you won't get these issues.

She wants to grow her sides longer lol x

Well if she was happy with it then that's ok :) just some advice for future reference x

Ok thanks guys, I will take all advice on board x

Can you see the issue with the front hairline ( short bits hanging forward), and the baseline looks iffy. Theden is right, the sides don't quite work with the back.

If you're styling a bob straight and flat at the front, don't over direct it back or forwards when cutting. Downwards only. That way you won't get these issues.

Yes I understand what you mean actually x

Its a pet hate of mine when people heavily layer the sides of a bob if you want to still create texture take a disconnected triangle across the parting and slice through it using the last section of your graduation as a guide that way you create a "loose" feel to it but still maintain enough weight through the perimeter x

Its a pet hate of mine when people heavily layer the sides of a bob if you want to still create texture take a disconnected triangle across the parting and slice through it using the last section of your graduation as a guide that way you create a "loose" feel to it but still maintain enough weight through the perimeter x

Yeah I think I do over layer the sides without meaning to x

Yeah I think I do over layer the sides without meaning to x

Its not a massive issue it just makes it quite hard for them to manage themselves x

Ok thanks guys, I will take all advice on board x

I was a bit scared to comment but actually you seem really interested in improving so I'll give it a go.

I know your client is trying to grow the sides, but look at this classic shape which is similar to the one you produced and see how much better it looks with the sides just that bit shorter?

sassoon2-web.jpg

Also, in the blowdry, all hair is falling naturally and in the same direction to allow the perimeter line to give weight to the overall finished shape.

I think you made a great start but in hindsight, when you compare the 2 images, how do you feel about the fact that your client's wishes of having those sides longer kinda ruined the look a bit? Maybe guide the client more and gain their trust? You obviously have a good eye...you just need to project your expertise to the client a little more.

Overall though, great attempt and a good start.

:)

She keeps telling me that she wants a wedge at the back and the sides to angled down from that, I personally don't like that so I try to make it abit different, thanks for the advice x

I don't want to take this off topic again, but some housekeeping has had to be done on here.
Yes the Mod team has had reports in the past....and has dealt with them on their own merit.

What has been missing was any actual Proof of false posts of work.
It would have been better as others have said to have passed the proof on to the Mod team or posted it in My Forum for action to be taken.
As it is the Mod team are now aware and will take the appropriate action.

Now back to all your own work on Before and Afters !

Recent balayage

Sorry wouldn't allow me to add the pic :s

Here it is :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370213320.399856.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370213320.399856.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 630
Another ombre :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370372244.685858.jpg
    ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1370372244.685858.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 763