Before and after - hair extensions

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pic relating to above post ^^^

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 298
125 strands of nano hair from viola

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    127.6 KB · Views: 341
125 strands of nano hair from studio 58. Lovely quality, however I've not long done a maintenance appt after 10 weeks and ALOT of the bonds have gone soft and are coming away from the metal tip :eek:
Client has also mentioned a very itchy head.

If the client is itching then thats surely down to not rinsing properly or frequently enough.

125 strands of nano hair from studio 58. Lovely quality, however I've not long done a maintenance appt after 10 weeks and ALOT of the bonds have gone soft and are coming away from the metal tip :eek:

If the bonds have gone soft then other natural hairs will be sticking to them hence why it will all go a sticky mess so these cross hairs will no doubt be pulling gently and making her head itchy plus residue from products will stick to it x

How do you all get your ends to look so chunky? Is it a finishing technique, a blow dry? I find it so hard removing that stringy effect, would washing them before install help?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Sent from my GT-P3110 using SalonGeek mobile app

How do you all get your ends to look so chunky? Is it a finishing technique, a blow dry? I find it so hard removing that stringy effect, would washing them before install help?

Any advice welcome

Thanks

This is such a good question x

Any advice welcome

Thanks

Think it's all down to using double drawn hair and possibly but extra inches then cutting them to take away the wispy ends x

ImageUploadedBySalonGeek1390080745.122870.jpg

S58 pre bonded :)

What products is your client using? Do they have an oily scalp?
Nano rings are extremely sensitive to incorrect aftercare etc as the wire is so thin it only needs the bond to soften slightly and the bond will soften and the wire will slip out.

She is probably itching because of the wire left trapped in the ring that's still attached to her hair after the strand has fallen away. Either that or they are too close to the scalp, or the wire once through the ring is irritating the scalp. Always make sure the bit of wire lays flat to the scalp

My clients lose on average between 2 to 6 within 4 months. A handful of clients don't lose any. ;-)

What products is your client using? Do they have an oily scalp?
Nano rings are extremely sensitive to incorrect aftercare etc as the wire is so thin it only needs the bond to soften slightly and the bond will soften and the wire will slip out.

She is probably itching because of the wire left trapped in the ring that's still attached to her hair after the strand has fallen away. Either that or they are too close to the scalp, or the wire once through the ring is irritating the scalp. Always make sure the bit of wire lays flat to the scalp

My clients lose on average between 2 to 6 within 4 months. A handful of clients don't lose any. ;-)

I got mine from the same supplier and as much as I love their pre bonded I wasn't impressed by nano.. My client lost loads and only had them in 2/3 weeks ! She loved them aswell but they just kept coming out her hair ! Although the bonds weren't soft x

Hello, new to forum so hope I'm doing this right. Did a set of micro loops other night (not my first, and a professional hair dresser) even as I was doing them. And brushing through (soft bristle brush) some we're sliding out. This has never happened before, try applying extra pressure even used different type of beads. I'm thinking it is down to clients own hair? But any advice would be gratefully received it is really stressing me out! Also as a mobile hairdresser how would u work refunds if a tall? xx:sad:

Hello, new to forum so hope I'm doing this right. Did a set of micro loops other night (not my first, and a professional hair dresser) even as I was doing them. And brushing through (soft bristle brush) some we're sliding out. This has never happened before, try applying extra pressure even used different type of beads. I'm thinking it is down to clients own hair? But any advice would be gratefully received it is really stressing me out! Also as a mobile hairdresser how would u work refunds if a tall? xx:sad:

Her hair may not be suitable to micros, could you retip into bonded? That method may suit her more? Xx

Loops can be tough, I had some myself and some of the attached rings were kinda crumbly and almost like they had been coloured over, so a bit filmy. I couldnt get most of them flat though they did hold they had spaces. Do you normally do loops? I just find individual micro rings have more control and loops are getting a bit of a diy name about them, it might just be the qualities not there in loops?

I got mine from the same supplier and as much as I love their pre bonded I wasn't impressed by nano.. My client lost loads and only had them in 2/3 weeks ! She loved them aswell but they just kept coming out her hair ! Although the bonds weren't soft x

If the bonds weren't soft did they come away with the metal attached? If so it's a fitting issue. The only way the tip can break away from the bond is if the bond is soft and only a little breakdown us required

The trick with nano is the supplier first and foremost as not all nano tips are equal. I only use 2 suppliers for nano as I've found a lot of suppliers nano hair had a very short metal bit in it which is no good. The metal wire needs to run the whole length of the bond

My clients go 3 to 4 months with 2-6 loss max

Think it's all down to using double drawn hair and possibly but extra inches then cutting them to take away the wispy ends x

You don't need double drawn to achieve a good look not at all. It's the hair, the fitting and the finish that make this achievable.

Any advice welcome

Thanks

You need to use good hair that isn't overly single drawn. If it is very wispy hair then you may want to buy a longer length so you can finish where the hair is thicker. You also need to fit enough hair then finish with a razor. You don't need double drawn hair or to wash it first to achieve a good result hun x

Last edited:
Russian pre-bonds 20"

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 267
18 inch pre-bonds, ultrasonic cold fusion

Attachments

• image (10).jpg
    image (10).jpg
    88.4 KB · Views: 403
Her hair may not be suitable to micros, could you retip into bonded? That method may suit her more? Xx

That's what I was considering as a last resort, thanks xx

Latest posts

Back