Beginner in need of training advice

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jemma

Reaction score
Hi all,

I have finally made the decision to get in to beauty, starting with nail extensions and was wondering if anyone can advise me of somewhere good to train in Yorkshire (I am looking at something like a two day course) and where is best to go to buy good quality products.

Thanks xx

Hi all,

I have finally made the decision to get in to beauty, starting with nail extensions and was wondering if anyone can advise me of somewhere good to train in Yorkshire (I am looking at something like a two day course) and where is best to go to buy good quality products.

Thanks xx

A two day course will not teach you what you need to know to become successful.

Contact Sweet Squared in Leeds the UK home of CND (08452106060 for the best training with the best products on the market for nails). You will need to complete a minimum of five days for a Foundation course or you will be wasting your money. Price for the course includes all the CND products you will need to practice.

Last edited:
Im a natural nail geek but i would definitely advise to get proper training in enhancements, not just a quickie course. No way can they give you enough training in those two days to enable you to be highly competent at what you do. A lot of nail geeks have done these courses and then realised this and ending up forking out more ££££ again on high quality training, for example with creative- as geeg has explained. Good luck! Lou.

Hi all,

Thanks xx
your local college i did beauty and foud the year went so quickly. and it was free in by circumstances, but youn can apply for funds x while doing that i did a spraytan course in a day >>>> that got me clients for when my beauty training was finished... x

Deffo Sweet Squared for the Foundation Course

Before you try Donny college, they aren't running any part time beauty courses or NVQ's or anything like that. Something to do with funding. I only know because I wasted my time going there the other day to find out about doing a further course to the one I did.

Try Red10 maybe, there's not much info on their website but they use EZFlow products. Ringing them for info is on my to do list for the morning as I don't feel confident enough to go out and work on clients even though I spent 3 weeks from 9-4 working on other people when I did my course & have been practising ever since.

I haven't worked out how to insert links yet or I would, sorry. It should come up fairly high in the search though.

I was looking at doing a 2 day nail extension course in Wolverhampton but, from what people are saying, this isn't sufficient? I work full time, and can only spare 1 evening a week to study, as I have a family. So, anyone know of a 'proper' course near me? City of Wolverhampton College do one, but it's £700+, and 2 evenings a week. Also includes manicure, which I'm already doing. *sigh*

Hi Jemma/Dawn

I couldn't recommend any courses near you as such - but what I can say is that I (naively) did a 2 day course at a beauty college and whilst it wasn't a complete waste of money, it became apparent very quickly that it was nowhere near enough. All it did was give me an introduction to the industry, and give me the bug! I could 'do' nails at the end of the two days, but not to a professional standard. So my advice would be that if you can, try and train with someone like CND which will be well worth the money :0)

you've decided to go into the industry at a good time what with September around the corner.

i've done fast track courses and college courses and my ideal is probably college so despite a lot of things being withdrawn due to funding, i am determined to travel to a slightly less local college to accomodate some of the things i want to start studying in september

there are a lot of academies that offer nvq2 nails if thats any help but i'm choosing college for this as i think i'll need more help with it than fasttrack learning would allow

best of luck with it

Hi Jemma/Dawn

I couldn't recommend any courses near you as such - but what I can say is that I (naively) did a 2 day course at a beauty college and whilst it wasn't a complete waste of money, it became apparent very quickly that it was nowhere near enough. All it did was give me an introduction to the industry, and give me the bug! I could 'do' nails at the end of the two days, but not to a professional standard. So my advice would be that if you can, try and train with someone like CND which will be well worth the money :0)

I did the same! go with a reputable company - not only do they teach you properly from the word go but they give you the aftercare thats needed. i ended up retraining with Ezflow because my course was suffient in time or training. if i had done the ezflow foundation from day one i would of saced myself alot of time and money and alot of frustration!

hth,
Jodie x

Capital Hair & Beauty do a 2 day acrylic nail course, using The Edge products. Is it any good? I don't want to waste my time and money.

I would say that if you read the above advice given in the posts .. you have your answer to your question.

Capital Hair & Beauty do a 2 day acrylic nail course, using The Edge products. Is it any good? I don't want to waste my time and money.

Funnily enough that is the course i did! honestly start as you mean to go on - go with a top quality training provider using top quality product! it might seem like it costs more but in the long run it will save you money

Jodie x

Thanks for all your advice - will be looking for a better course.

Thank you for all your advice, think i will look at doing a slightly longer course probably do an evening course.

appreciate all the advice thanks girls x

A two day course will not teach you what you need to know to become successful.

Contact Sweet Squared in Leeds the UK home of CND (08452106060 for the best training with the best products on the market for nails). You will need to complete a minimum of five days for a Foundation course or you will be wasting your money. Price for the course includes all the CND products you will need to practice.

Hiya i have looked at Sweet Squared, are their qualifications enough or would i need to go college aswell to do an NVQ?
Thanks in advance x

Hiya i have looked at Sweet Squared, are their qualifications enough or would i need to go college aswell to do an NVQ?
Thanks in advance x

CND qualifications are enough and in many opinions far superior to an NVQ.

hth's

thats great thank you.:)

Latest posts

Back