Beginner needs help!

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gemsgems

Reaction score
Hi guys

I am a complete beginner in UV Gel nails and I am working with THE EDGE gel.
Does anyone else successfully work with this and if so what is your application process as I have been taught to sweep a pink coat of gel over the nail and a clear coat. I have not been told to build at the apex.

My clients nails are very thin and the tips are snapping off :sad:

Also I was wondering how long it takes to get to professional standard?
I am doing at least 1 set of nails per day for practise

Thanks for any help
Xxx

Building a nail enhancement that lasts is just not as eay as sweeping a coat of gel or two over the nail and building an apex is not achieved by sweeping a coat of gel or two over the nail. The Edge? IMO not anywhere near the best product you could be using.

How long it takes to be producing work of a high standard depends on you and the quality of education you are receiving. It does not sound to me as if you are getting the standard that I would like to see in a professional. Whoever is teaching you is not giving you the info you need to succeed.

Last edited:
Oh Gosh! I'm a bit concerned now! I have just trained in acrylics using the edge system... :-/ Have I made a mistake?

Oh Gosh! I'm a bit concerned now! I have just trained in acrylics using the edge system... :-/ Have I made a mistake?

Call it a stepping stone on your journey of enlightenment!

I trained with Star Nails first then did a CND conversion course in 2000 and haven't looked back since. Also kept doing further training, in Sculpting, proper rebalancing, airbrushing etc. I personally would really recommend the Creative Academys and training programme. Take a look at them, your skill level will be totally different after great training.

Hi, i did my training with Next Step Beauty, not a very reconized company, however i just completed a Shellac Cse with CND and i'm hooked on their products, i am now going to convert my L&P and gel qual to CND. However thats not to say that the Edge is no good, i have used alot of their products and have been very happy with them but i do agree with the past comment that using and appling gel is not just a stroke on system.

Not too sure it this helps but i would keep practicing on the gel before using it on paying customers as i don't think they will last long. :|

Suseyb

Latest posts

Back