Being model for a competition

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mieke

Reaction score
I had a few questions regarding how to be a good model for one of my fellow nailtechs.
I will be at the nailympics in september and she asked me if i could be her model since i will be there anyway. I will send her a picture of my hands next week.
I was wondering what i should do in the meantime to keep them as nice as i can by the time she needs me. would i just keep on overlay on them and watch a bit what i do... I do have here and there some tiny damages which i think that will be grown out by september...

Any tips or ideas more then welcome.

Remove your overlays and keep natural nails,
hand cream and cuticle oil every day,
protect hands from any scratches etc,
regular manicures,

on the day of the comp you need to be your friends second pair of eyes, inspect every nail for her while she is busy working on the other hand and let her know of any imperfections you see,
keep her calm,

I'm sure there is more but someone else will come along and add to what i have put,
enjoy the comp :hug:

Remove your overlays and keep natural nails, => ohw this one is going to be though :confused: if i take my overlays off my nails break and my nailbeds get shorter again. the skin got attached to my nail and stretches over my fingertip. hurts like crazy when it seperates which happens when i remove my overlay.
hand cream and cuticle oil every day,
protect hands from any scratches etc,
regular manicures,

on the day of the comp you need to be your friends second pair of eyes, inspect every nail for her while she is busy working on the other hand and let her know of any imperfections you see,
keep her calm,

I'm sure there is more but someone else will come along and add to what i have put,
enjoy the comp :hug:

Thx for helping me out

As long as you don't cause damage that is visible then there is no reason why you should not wear your nail enhancements up until just a week or so before the competition. Look after the skin on your hands in the meantime.

A model is not there to inspect the nails the technician is doing or to comment on them unless she has asked you too.

A good model is calm, reassuring, and a time keeper. A good model should not interfere in any way with the technician unless asked for. No fidgeting, No complaining and NO going to the ladies room or wanting to eat for hours !! do all that stuff first. x

As long as you don't cause damage that is visible then there is no reason why you should not wear your nail enhancements up until just a week or so before the competition. Look after the skin on your hands in the meantime. That was good news, i didn´t knew if this was ok to do. This was the moste important thing to know since i can´t afford to not have anything on them. elsewise i end up with saucage fingers :Grope:

A model is not there to inspect the nails the technician is doing or to comment on them unless she has asked you too. I always mind my own bussines :lol:

A good model is calm, reassuring, and a time keeper. A good model should not interfere in any way with the technician unless asked for. No fidgeting, No complaining and NO going to the ladies room or wanting to eat for hours !! do all that stuff first. x
I guess i can do that...

I can't add much more than has been said but I am sure you will make a great model Mieke. Just be reliable, patient and as supportive as you can be x

Latest posts

Back