Bendy nails from typing

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

emily4amanda

Reaction score
Hi all!

I have a client who used her nails to type all day at the office, not her fingertips. she has a mini manicure once a month, (cut down, soak, file, polish) but her nails just bend over at the tip from typing. Her nails are very soft, but still quite strong. If that makes sense.

What is the best nail hardener that will help to stop this? Or what can I do as a therapist to help strengthen/harden?

Any advice please ;)

Emily xxx

Hi all!

I have a client who used her nails to type all day at the office, not her fingertips. she has a mini manicure once a month, (cut down, soak, file, polish) but her nails just bend over at the tip from typing. Her nails are very soft, but still quite strong. If that makes sense.

What is the best nail hardener that will help to stop this? Or what can I do as a therapist to help strengthen/harden?

Any advice please ;)

Emily xxx

I'd advise her to stop typing with her nails! If she cares for her nails it is a silly thing to do. Or she should keep them very short at all times so that she is not bending them.

She could use 'Toughen Up' which is a wonderful product from CND and it does not contain Formaldehyde so the nails don't become brittle.

Get her to use SolarOil too.....

I'd advise her to stop typing with her nails! If she cares for her nails it is a silly thing to do. Or she should keep them very short at all times so that she is not bending them.

She could use 'Toughen Up' which is a wonderful product from CND and it does not contain Formaldehyde so the nails don't become brittle.

I type with my pads & could never type using my nails. I doubt VERY much she would be able to swap to typing with her pads after years of typing lol. I'd be inclined to get her to swap over to gels rather than her usual polishes..

ok, thanks everyone, No, I doubt very much she can swap to using her pads lol! I will deffinately give the cnd a try and the solar oil, as iv heard good things about these already!

thanks again :)

Emily xx

With prolonged typing it may make the free edges chip, but what about using Shellac. This will give her nails a little more protection, but still only be a thin layer of product if she does not want to have acrylic or gel applied.

Hi, the thing is I only charge her £6 for a soak file and polish. She doesnt want to spend any more as she also has eye treatments and a full pedicure every month too. I have purchased some cnd base coat as reccomended and ill see how that goes :)

Emily xx

Latest posts

Back