Best acrylic brush/size?

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cookieface

Reaction score
Recommendations please :)

I adore my CND pro series brush which is a size 10. I also have the size 8, but much prefer the size up :)

It's down to personal preference. There is no best, but there are preferred ones. I, too, prefer a bigger brush, so I use Dirty Harry, my pro series 10. Some people prefer the 8. I have heard some people do not like the long handle, and prefer NSI's Royal Precision.

I use a no 8 or a no 6 depending on client nail size.

Sent from my HTC One X using SalonGeek mobile app

I absolutely love my CND Pro Series 8 but have to agree the long handle can be a bit annoying. I am looking at getting the NSI Royal Precision.

I use no 8 or 6 as well. You just need to try them to know, which size will suit you.

Its all about preference and what's right for the size and length of the nails. I love my OPI Artist Series.

Last edited by a moderator:
I can use any brush and sometimes I switch around just for a change of routine but the CND size 10 ... Which I will always call the Ultra Sculptor ... is the one that I prefer the most ... Not just because it is large for the sake of being large, but because that largeness gives it attributes and properties and functions that smaller brushes just do not have.

It has long soft flags that come to a delicious point when I need it.

It flattens out beautifully when I want it to, which is most of the time.

Those long soft flags create a feather-light touch and perfect smoothness so that there is very little surface finishing to do and the product stays where I want it to without being dragged along by a big fat bunch of hair.

The weight of the brush ensures that with very little pressure, I get superb bonding of the bead and no lifting as well as perfect product placement with my brush strokes.

In short, it makes my life and work allot easier.

I can use any brush and sometimes I switch around just for a change of routine but the CND size 10 ... Which I will always call the Ultra Sculptor ... is the one that I prefer the most ... Not just because it is large for the sake of being large, but because that largeness gives it attributes and properties and functions that smaller brushes just do not have.

It has long soft flags that come to a delicious point when I need it.

It flattens out beautifully when I want it to, which is most of the time.

Those long soft flags create a feather-light touch and perfect smoothness so that there is very little surface finishing to do and the product stays where I want it to without being dragged along by a big fat bunch of hair.

The weight of the brush ensures that with very little pressure, I get superb bonding of the bead and no lifting as well as perfect product placement with my brush strokes.

In short, it makes my life and work allot easier.

Sounds like I need to invest in the 10, I already have the CND 8 but find it difficult packing the product near the cuticle line as there isn't much flag at the end of the brush!

Sounds like I need to invest in the 10, I already have the CND 8 but find it difficult packing the product near the cuticle line as there isn't much flag at the end of the brush!
There's enough flag at the end of the 8 to do just about anything .. it's a great brush it is just used with different techniques than the number 10. You have to get used to how to use it, and to make it do the things you wnt it to do for you..

The number isn't a magic brush :biggrin: you are the one who has to make it dance and do all the things it does.

Was just going to say the same! Xx

There's enough flag at the end of the 8 to do just about anything .. it's a great brush it is just used with different techniques than the number 10. You have to get used to how to use it, and to make it do the things you wnt it to do for you..

The number isn't a magic brush :biggrin: you are the one who has to make it dance and do all the things it does.

I didn't know brushes danced! Lol! Personally I would rather it were a magic brush. Can't CND invent one ;-) xx

All depends on the person! Yourself! I trained with a 8 and I had a 8 in my set I purchased but now I rather a 6 so much more!!

I didn't know brushes danced! Lol! Personally I would rather it were a magic brush. Can't CND invent one ;-) xx
Lol .. What CND do is invent YOU as a nail technician. Then they give you the music to dance to! :Love:

Last edited:
All depends on the person! Yourself! I trained with a 8 and I had a 8 in my set I purchased but now I rather a 6 so much more!!
I respectfully do not agree with you about it depending on the person.

Learning to manipulate a larger brush makes your life as a technician easier in every way. For all the reasons I mention above in my post.

The weight, the width, definitely make for smoother enhancements in a much faster time and with the CND number ten, with that fabulous point and the long flags, you can make the tiniest beads or much larger beads depending on what you want to do, and still the right ratio.

Smooth-as-silk finish sculpting with your brush, means very little filing or buffing at the finish with your file. ... And who likes filing and buffing ?? Not me ... Not if I don't have to; sculpting the finished nails with your brush even makes for stronger, longer lasting enhancements because allot of finish filing (when the L&P product is not fully cured). actually weakens the product and can lead to breakages later down the line.

All technicians should, for their own goal towards speed and stronger enhancements, work toward graduating and using a larger brush than the one students train with.

Latest posts

Back