Best cancellation excuse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
When I opened up Friday morning I checked the phone as usual for messages.
Had a message from my 7pm gel refill lady, she was whispering into the phone that she had to cancel as she had had the baby last night and to book her in for the same time next Friday!!

The last time she was in she insisted on booking in for refills so I gave her the last appointment and told her if she wasn't there on time I would just head home assuming she had had her baby...No,No she said I'll have had it by then, I'll be in .....

nuts. .lol

I had a mother and daughter who came together for their lash extensions. They were due one Sunday morning. On the Saturday night I get a text from the daughter "we've both got styes on our eyes. We were hoping they'd go down but they haven't. Can we rearrange or Thursday" I rearranged even tho I wasn't convinced they both had styes!! Thursday came and I of course asked after their eyes/styes - the mother had NO IDEA what I was on about!!! It was pretty embarrassing... And the mother had about 5 lashes left and expected to just pay infill prices. Needless to say they are no longer my clients. I pride myself on being honest and flexible - and I can't stand liars - there's just no need.

Hey guys,
Slightly off topic but i could really use the advice...I've recently produced a cancelation policy and require deposits to secure appointments, I'm just wondering how can you really enforce a cancelation fee for those of us that are mobile? For example I had a new client book in for l&p she text me 2 hours before her appointment and asked to move it to the same time but the day after so I agreed. Then she text me 30 mins before that and simply said "sorry can't make it" so if I send her an invoice, won't she just bin it? How do you enforce your cancellation Policies?

I had a lady booked in shellac mani & pedi a few weeks ago ready for her birthday weekend, i moved things round to fit her in which she knew, i literally bent over backwards to accommodate her. She sent me pictures of nails she wanted so is pent all my spare time practicing the design so it would be perfect for her, sent her the pictures of what I'd done to ensure she was happy. She was really pleased with how my practices looked and said she couldn't wait for me to do them.

i got a text from her 2 hours before her appointment to say she had been rushed in to hospital for a blood transfusion and was very poorly an needed to cancel an was my cancellation policy still applicable under these circumstances as she'd ensure to transfer the money ASAP if they were.
I text her back saying how sorry I was to hear that an I hoped she was ok and of course I would not charge her under these circumstances an if there was anything I could do to help blah blah blah.
10 minutes later she changed her Facebook status to "getting on it early with the girls wahoo happy birthday me" tagged at the local bar with a picture of them drinking cocktails with a big clock showing the time an date behind them :/.
I printed the picture and the screen shot of her status attached it to the invoice and posted it through her door along with a happy birthday card & get well soon card. Naughty I know but she infuriated me!
Safe to say I've never heard back from her & she deleted me off Facebook!

Xxxxx

I had a lady booked in shellac mani & pedi a few weeks ago ready for her birthday weekend, i moved things round to fit her in which she knew, i literally bent over backwards to accommodate her. She sent me pictures of nails she wanted so is pent all my spare time practicing the design so it would be perfect for her, sent her the pictures of what I'd done to ensure she was happy. She was really pleased with how my practices looked and said she couldn't wait for me to do them.

i got a text from her 2 hours before her appointment to say she had been rushed in to hospital for a blood transfusion and was very poorly an needed to cancel an was my cancellation policy still applicable under these circumstances as she'd ensure to transfer the money ASAP if they were.
I text her back saying how sorry I was to hear that an I hoped she was ok and of course I would not charge her under these circumstances an if there was anything I could do to help blah blah blah.
10 minutes later she changed her Facebook status to "getting on it early with the girls wahoo happy birthday me" tagged at the local bar with a picture of them drinking cocktails with a big clock showing the time an date behind them :/.
I printed the picture and the screen shot of her status attached it to the invoice and posted it through her door along with a happy birthday card & get well soon card. Naughty I know but she infuriated me!

Xxxxx

Haha, sorry but I love your payback. People think I was mean when I too deposits and charged no shows but my only reason for no show or cancellation on the day would be the client them self is dead.
And how awful to blame something so traumatic as a reason, maybe she will need one one day. Fingers crossed? Xoxo

Had to reply after what just happened first thing this morning. Lady came in for her shellac appointment heavily pregnant and was 5 mins early I asked if I could take her coat and she said 'no sorry I think I'm going to have to cancel' puzzled I asked why and she replied 'I think my waters have just gone!' I looked down and sure enough there was a puddle on my floor! I called her husband for her and told her her next shellac was on me! How exciting :)

Had to reply after what just happened first thing this morning. Lady came in for her shellac appointment heavily pregnant and was 5 mins early I asked if I could take her coat and she said 'no sorry I think I'm going to have to cancel' puzzled I asked why and she replied 'I think my waters have just gone!' I looked down and sure enough there was a puddle on my floor! I called her husband for her and told her her next shellac was on me! How exciting :)

How exciting!

Xxxxx

Good for you.

How can someone tempt fate by making up an excuse like that!

Lol sick toes :) that's a first. Hope they get better soon lol.

I had one girl who had booked in for £70 worth of treatments who I text the morning to say I would be seeing her soon. She replied " sorry I cant today,my dad is taking me out"

I informed her she would be billed for the appointment and time wasted to which she replied her dad is now poorly and she needs to look after him :/ seriously - she just said I'm going out. Trying to get out of paying her bill. I politely told her not too book in with me again. I was raging!!

If I had a salon I would defo charge a substantial deposit at booking time of a £70 treatments. Oh if only I had a card machine !

My favourite was a girl who made an appointment with me and then changed the time and dates many times until she settled on a date. She did not turn up to this appointment. She then texted to say "sorry my boyfriends funeral ran longer than expected"
Maybe it was true, who knows, but how strange for someone to book an appointment straight after a loved ones funeral. Each to their own.

Hey guys,
Slightly off topic but i could really use the advice...I've recently produced a cancelation policy and require deposits to secure appointments, I'm just wondering how can you really enforce a cancelation fee for those of us that are mobile? For example I had a new client book in for l&p she text me 2 hours before her appointment and asked to move it to the same time but the day after so I agreed. Then she text me 30 mins before that and simply said "sorry can't make it" so if I send her an invoice, won't she just bin it? How do you enforce your cancellation Policies?

I work from home and have had a couple of ladies in the past who have messed me about with changing Thier appointments. After the second time, I tell them it's best to text me to see if I'm free at short notice. One lady started doing that and it worked, but I never heard again from the second lady. It's very hard to know what to do for the best as it's not worth us having card machines to take deposits. And cancellation policies just might frighten people off.

I had 2 tans booked in and set off (I am mobile). With 25 minutes to go I got a text saying 'sorry have to cancel, I am in hospital'.

It was a new client so text back a nice reply wishing her well.

Just checked her out on FB and seen her all dressed up for her birthday night out (the day of the tan) with the most orange and patchiest tan ever! I took pleasure in looking at it.

Sometimes people are genuine but I just cannot stand people who tell fibs! xx

Xxxxx

Some people just have no idea! No brains nothing. As if you would even tempt fate like that. I would be forever panicking thinking it would happen just because I used it as an excuse.
It's like a girl I used to work with said her Granddad does just so she didn't have to go to work for the day, only to find out few weeks later the grandad who had 'died' she was going round for a family dinner as it was somebody's birthday in her family! I was gobsmacked and she just said that I must be mistaken! Only I wast the only person that worked their and everybody knew what exercise she has used to get the day off!

Awful no conscience what so ever 😳

Some people just have no idea! No brains nothing. As if you would even tempt fate like that. I would be forever panicking thinking it would happen just because I used it as an excuse.
It's like a girl I used to work with said her Granddad does just so she didn't have to go to work for the day, only to find out few weeks later the grandad who had 'died' she was going round for a family dinner as it was somebody's birthday in her family! I was gobsmacked and she just said that I must be mistaken! Only I wast the only person that worked their and everybody knew what exercise she has used to get the day off!

Awful no conscience what so ever 😳

A girl I took on from a training place for basic work said her mum was dead, and she had to take a week off to sort out the funeral, she wasn't allowed back after as she didn't know I knew her mum and seen her on the street so had my mum check if she was alive/dead, turned out she was alive and I'd not seen a ghost. A month later she dropped down with a heart attack. Xoxo

A girl I took on from a training place for basic work said her mum was dead, and she had to take a week off to sort out the funeral, she wasn't allowed back after as she didn't know I knew her mum and seen her on the street so had my mum check if she was alive/dead, turned out she was alive and I'd not seen a ghost. A month later she dropped down with a heart attack. Xoxo

Sick.

Sent from my HTC Desire using SalonGeek

That is disgusting. It would never ever occur to me to even attempt an excuse like that. Not that I have never cancelled unless I have had to or made a execute just told truth. Some people are ridiculous. It's sickening.

That is disgusting. It would never ever occur to me to even attempt an excuse like that. Not that I have never cancelled unless I have had to or made a execute just told truth. Some people are ridiculous. It's sickening.

The lady was lovely, but like said don't tempt fate.xoxo

The thing that I don't get is... Obviously people don't actually want an appointment so why bother booking in the first place??

I think people really do want an appointment, but then realise that they can't afford it/can get it cheaper elsewhere/change their mind, and rather than just not show up they say the first thing that comes into their head that sounds the most compelling.

Latest posts

Back