Best cancellation excuse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
what would she do if her grandad really did get sick?

I hate when clients/people make excuses up like this! especially when they use children, don't ever tempt fate with your kids! ever.

Always reminds me of something a friend said to her boss to get out of going to work because she wanted to go to a camping festival 'I can't come in for a few days as my dad is seriously ill in hospital' .......

A few months later her dad got pneumonia & ended up in intensive care (he did live, but only just) I never reminded her of the lie she'd told but I couldn't help thinking about it.

That's a lie that definetly bit her on the bum!

Not right is it ? This lady had an appointment booked with me the week before too and didnt turn up .....she sent me a grovelling message saying she got stuck at work (2hours after her appointment time) please could she re book which I allowed.

She will not be getting anymore appointments with me now as to mess me around twice within 9 days is too much. x

i've completely forgotten what i was searching for when this popped up, but i remember this thread well and thought it was well worth a bump up!

my best excuse was 30minutes before my clients appointment she text me saying 'i'm going to have to cancel my appointment, i've just come out of work and my back lights have gone on my car and i can't drive in the dark without them, i've got to get to the garage asap to get them fixed so i can get to zumba tonight' haha x

I had a new client ring & cancel her shellac apointment because she had "forgotten that she is a nail biter & it is a waste of money":Scared:

I had someone ring the salon today at 12.15 to say that they cant make their appointment that was at 12. She just said on the phone that she had an appiontment at 12 and can make it and that was it one of the haurdressers took the call,

i was really mad as the lady i had just before was half hr late and i could do her leg wax as i though i had this other girl in at 12. So i could have done her, also at 5 to 12 somone came in and said can i do a manicure i said sorry i cant got somone in at 12. And i could of done it.

So i rang back and left a message to say i have a 50% cancelation fee and mention that i had turn down othet work and woukd like her to come in to pay. Iv never enforsed this before but i was so mad.

Well an hour later i get a call saying it was because she was in a five car pile up. Well i feel bad now but why did she not say can come because of an emergency or somthing the way she said it, it was like she just had found somthing better to do.

And the more i thnk about it, if i was in a five car pile up it wouldnt cross my mind to ring to cancel my appointment. X

Sent from my GT-P1000 using SalonGeek

I had a lovely client years back who came every week for a manicure, we used to chat loads so I knew everything about her family etc.
one day she didn't turn up for her appointment which was unusual. She called a couple of days later to apologise and let us know that she was a grandma!
Her 16 year old daughter had given birth to a baby on the bathroom floor that morning, they didn't even know she was pregnant!
It all turned out to be true, I let her off the cancellation charge:0)

When i was going through training i had a veteran instructor tell me "when they buy, they lie"!! Its so true.... :)

I had one call me 10 mind before their rebalance appointment to say she couldn't make it because her next door neighbours cat has died! She must of recovered from her grief quickly as that afternoon I saw her shopping in the high street as I drove by 😳

Therapists do it too though. I once booked in for a spray tan at a local salon. The morning of my appointment my friend called me to say xxx called (the tanner) to say she can't do your tan at lunch because her child is really sick at the hospital. She couldn't call as she lost my number. I called another salon and she could fit me in for the same time, again driving past I saw the first lady in her salon doing someone's nails!!! Her child was not sick at all, I even got confirmation from my son who said she's been in school all day 😏

Ive had a client cancel because she had a hangover! The hairdressers I work in had a client who last week was late for her appointment, when they called her she said 'I'm having trouble parking won't be long'......never turned up. And its not the first time she's done this. Makes me wonder where she's going?!!

Can't believe people have the cheek to keep doing it, and that they even have the time to make appointments to then make up lame excuses and waste our precious time.

I had a lovely client years back who came every week for a manicure, we used to chat loads so I knew everything about her family etc.
one day she didn't turn up for her appointment which was unusual. She called a couple of days later to apologise and let us know that she was a grandma!
Her 16 year old daughter had given birth to a baby on the bathroom floor that morning, they didn't even know she was pregnant!
It all turned out to be true, I let her off the cancellation charge:0)

There was a girl in my college class a couple of years ago that didn't no she was pregnant... Also had the baby on the bathroom floor! :o lol!! X x

A few weeks ago I had a man ring me up wanting to book a massage for the next morning. He was 15 minutes late so I rang him, he said he was on his way back (from where?) and would be leaving to come to me in 10 minutes. I said it was ok as I didn't have anyone in until the afternoon, so I waited. And waited. I rang him again but there was no answer, I was really annoyed that he'd wasted so much of my time when I had loads of paperwork I could have been getting on with. He then sent me a text nearly 2 hours later asking if it was too late to come in! Couldn't believe the cheek! I did get a funny feeling though that he thought I offer a different kind of massage and could just turn up when he felt like it...:rolleyes:

From a lady of leisure, who has never worked, who 'lunches' and goes shopping alot,(hubby is loaded)

.....sorry, I forgot....I'm just so busy!!!!!

Yeh, Right!

(I asked for the 50% cancellation fee.....never heard from her again):rolleyes:

From a lady of leisure, who has never worked, who 'lunches' and goes shopping alot,(hubby is loaded)

Yeh, Right!

You know how busy eating, and shipping and getting treated like a princess takes up so much time that they can't take time to get pampered, such a hard life isn't it!

Oh how I wish to be just so busy I can't work xoxo

I used to have a client like that ... she was quite nice but occasionally we didn't understand each other! She once asked for an appointment on a different day, so I booked her in and she was like, 'So ... you work EVERY DAY then?' like it was the most shocking thing in the world!

Yes love I do, so do many other people! And presumably your husband does/did too :)

Yeh, Right!

The clients who don't work but just flap around doing nothing pretending to be busy are the worst as they have no concept as to what effect a "no show" can do for your business. They've never had to work for a living and think we just play around painting nails every now and then.

So far I haven't had many excuses made from clients BUT the few I have had are pretty good ones :

Firstly there was the 'i've got to go to the dentist can we move the appointment to the 8am ( so i agreed as I prefer to start early) anyway it got to the morning i got up nice and early, I was just about to leave when I got a text saying sorry have to go to the dentist now, got really bad toothache, so I thought okay far enough and let it go, it wasnt until i bumped into her friend who dropped her in it and said she had gone home to Poland, and nearly missed her flight because she was wanting to get her lashes done!!

Why cant they just tell us the truth ?

The second best one was, my client was texting me 20 minutes before her appointment and wanted to get her friend booked in at the last minute but I couldnt fit both in, so as I left for her house ( she lives 5 mins away) she text and put "actually dont want it doing today anyway" bloody cheek of it!!!!!!

and breath.....

I sent a reminder text to one of my clients the day before her treatment (was early the next morning and was a load of waxing) she was really happy with everything and said nothing will stop me having my waxing! She then text me at 6 the next morning (wasn't happy being woken up at that time) saying her daughter had a cough and she had to look after her. This was a weekend when her hubby was at home to look after her daughter while she had her waxing done but he obviously wasn't capable enough to look after his ten year old with a cough!!

Also, I had someone that said can you do mine and my 2 daughters nails at ours as I have to look after my son today so I don't want to bring all of them in the car to yours and the hubby is at work. I got to theres, walked in and who was lying on the sofa watching tv, drinking a beer and having a smoke with no t shirt on?? Her husband!!!!! I was so angry that she lied to me and didnt even attempt to tell her husband her lie!!

Leanne
X

Had 2 young girls booked in for spray tans weeks in advance after being recommended by other clients. I generally get clients to come to me but as they couldn't drive I offered to go mobile. Anyhow I get a text day before from one of girls letting me know that the tans were cancelled as the other one had 'let her down'! Urrrr you are letting me down more! I text back in a polite manner to say that she could still have her tan without her friend. I didn't hear anything back! Lol

I also had a newbie client book in for a tan for a wedding (just a guest). She cancelled last minute because 'she wasn't going to wear a dress now and would probably have leggings on'! Nice!

So far not had any cancellations although I think I could lose my temper :( not good I hate liars and prefer someone to just say no sorry I don't want to come anymore,

I think I scare my stylist as I'm always 25 - 45 mins early at times I dot like letting people down but she makes me a brew and I have a good catch up with her :)

I had a client call me whilst I was on the way to the appointment. She needed to cancel her spray tan as she had been in London all day and was absolutely shattered. She wanted to re-book but I told her that I didn't really need people like her for a client and suggested she find someone else.

Had 2 young girls booked in for spray tans weeks in advance after being recommended by other clients. I generally get clients to come to me but as they couldn't drive I offered to go mobile. Anyhow I get a text day before from one of girls letting me know that the tans were cancelled as the other one had 'let her down'! Urrrr you are letting me down more! I text back in a polite manner to say that she could still have her tan without her friend. I didn't hear anything back! Lol

I also had a newbie client book in for a tan for a wedding (just a guest). She cancelled last minute because 'she wasn't going to wear a dress now and would probably have leggings on'! Nice!

It's annoying. I've had that from my neighbour. It was a couple of days before Christmas so I was mega busy but she called about 1 hour before appointment to say she had changed her mind as it was too cold!

Latest posts

Back