Best cancellation excuse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Adamantine

Reaction score
I had a set of L&p and another gellux booked in for today at the same address. One of the girls text asking if I could do their friend gellux toes at the same time. I told her not a problem and gave the price. This morning I got a text saying " the toes are sick but we will see you at 1"

I've never seen sick toes but I'm assuming it's the person the toes are attached to that is sick hahaha.

What the best or most random reason for cancellation you have had?

I've just had people not show up

I had a set of L&p and another gellux booked in for today at the same address. One of the girls text asking if I could do their friend gellux toes at the same time. I told her not a problem and gave the price. This morning I got a text saying " the toes are sick but we will see you at 1"

I've never seen sick toes but I'm assuming it's the person the toes are attached to that is sick hahaha.

What the best or most random reason for cancellation you have had?

Lol sick toes :) that's a first. Hope they get better soon lol.

I had one girl who had booked in for £70 worth of treatments who I text the morning to say I would be seeing her soon. She replied " sorry I cant today,my dad is taking me out"

I informed her she would be billed for the appointment and time wasted to which she replied her dad is now poorly and she needs to look after him :/ seriously - she just said I'm going out. Trying to get out of paying her bill. I politely told her not too book in with me again. I was raging!!

One of mine said, "I put my car keys into a bowl at a party last night and the person who picked out mine stole my car, so I can't get in today" :-/

"sorry i cant come in today, im saving up for a conservatory..." Oh thats ok, erm call me when you need to sort yourself out! Have fun! hee hee hee! xoxo

One of mine said, "I put my car keys into a bowl at a party last night and the person who picked out mine stole my car, so I can't get in today" :-/

I actually love this excuse lol

Sent from my GT-I9100 using SalonGeek

I had someone booked in for lashes and i got a text to say. 'my hampster is sick i need to take him to the vet.' okdoky i text back hope he gets well soon. Lol bit naughty but couldn't resist. xx

I had a client txt me 30 mins beofre her nail appointment ' sorry i got back late from holiday last night (Thurs) and Ive a sick boy.. well not funny you say.
She forgot that her mother inl aw is a client of mine and her father in law, picked her uo at the Airpost TUESDAY night. liar!!!

If you have overslept or no money, just say so, dont lie love lol!!

A girl I used to work withs client was late one day and her excuse was ( im sorry im late but I really didn't want a Thursday ) she was an oap a bit of a character :-D

Sent from my LT18i using SalonGeek

I once had a new client booked in for several treatments, I think a 3 hour slot, she didn't show up so after 15 mins I called her mobile, and she answered and said "Oh I am still shopping, can I make it to you in about an hour and half and just have the manicure ?" so this women expects me to wait around and lose 2hours of money while she shops ! Cheek ! As you can imagine I was fuming but stayed calm and said yes you can come in for your nails :evil:but you will need to be with me by x time and I will need to charge a cancellation fee for the 2 hours missed as I could have filled that time. Guess what she didn't show up ! Just as well I do not need clients like that.

I had one lady cancel as her husband was having his leg amputated!! I told her that was the best reason for cancellation I had ever had lol, beats the usual lame excuse ha ha :)

Not a client, but a supplier, but worth retelling anyway.
I was having bother trying to contact a supplier; no answer to emails, phone calls and texts. After a particularly frustrated message I got a text saying that they had been in a car accident abroad, and that they'd been knocked out cold, and that they'd sustained many injuries, whiplash, airbag burns and fractured ribs. Flipppin' heck! I sent them flowers and wished them well, and asked them to contact me when they were feeling better.
No contact for a couple more weeks. I emailed, apologising for harassing them, and got an email back saying that they'd been readmitted to hospital for an emergency appendicectomy which turned into a major operation!

What an awful run of bad luck.

Imagine my horror when I discover that the entire tale is a pack of lies.

We had a few cancel last week, their excuse was they were Ulster Bank customers........... what a knock on effect that cock up has made

Not a client, but a supplier, but worth retelling anyway.
I was having bother trying to contact a supplier; no answer to emails, phone calls and texts. After a particularly frustrated message I got a text saying that they had been in a car accident abroad, and that they'd been knocked out cold, and that they'd sustained many injuries, whiplash, airbag burns and fractured ribs. Flipppin' heck! I sent them flowers and wished them well, and asked them to contact me when they were feeling better.
No contact for a couple more weeks. I emailed, apologising for harassing them, and got an email back saying that they'd been readmitted to hospital for an emergency appendicectomy which turned into a major operation!

What an awful run of bad luck.

Imagine my horror when I discover that the entire tale is a pack of lies.

That is awful! How did you find out they were lying?

"I can't come for my 3 treatments, I've been overtaxed this month"

I had a lady booked in for a body wrap. She was 15minutes late so I rang her, she anawered and said I'm on my way be 5minutes- longest 5minutes I've known. She still hasn't turned up!

I had a client booked for a cut & colour 15mins after she was due i called her she said oh im on my way my trousers took longer to dry than what i thought they would when i asked her when she would get here she said 10mins still waiting lol

These are making me chuckle... :) I have to admit I have been late for appointments before now... But I WILL say I haven't been late since they started sending reminder texts! :) I just simply got distracted and forgot :o
Then as the time got close I'd have that "I'm supposed to be doing something..." feeling and I'd race in out of breath and looking like a tomato LOL
Thankfully the girls where I go for my treatments are lovely! :)

Text from a bride

'' I cant be bothered to drive over to you today to have my makeup trial, even though my wedding is a few weeks away and its really important, i cant be bothered lol''

Text from a bride

'' I cant be bothered to drive over to you today to have my makeup trial, even though my wedding is a few weeks away and its really important, i cant be bothered lol''

Lol

Jurate xx

Latest posts

Back