Best cancellation excuse

SalonGeek

Help Support SalonGeek:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had one lady cancel as her husband was having his leg amputated!! I told her that was the best reason for cancellation I had ever had lol, beats the usual lame excuse ha ha :)

'lame' excuse! lol. Feel a bit bad for finding that funny :/

Oh my days! Just went to a new client. Her and her friend wanted a spray tan,got to her house and she didn't answer. So I Messaged her and she didn't reply. Went on her Facebook profile and she had a tan yesterday by someone else. So I Messaged her and she said "well yeah I always have 2 tans in 1 week. I couldn't do it today as I have to take my son to hospital. Took a screen shot of her Facebook showing her statuses today stating she was in waiting for shoes and can't wait to go out!! Seriously peed off!! Have old her to expect my invoice in the post and not to book in with me again.

Now I have been told to watch my back as I am mobile and something might happen. Have took screen shots but police won't do anything anyway so no point going to them! Sometimes I really do hate my job!

Now I have been told to watch my back as I am mobile and something might happen. Have took screen shots but police won't do anything anyway so no point going to them! Sometimes I really do hate my job!

Send her a message saying "thank you. I have registered your threat, name and address with my local police station so should anything happen to me, they'll know where to find you".

That is awful! How did you find out they were lying?

It's a very long and convoluted story but I found out via a member of their family. I also discovered that pretty much everything they had told me over the course of 3 years was a lie too.

Some of it would make your hair stand on end!

"I can't find the bus stop, could you pick me up from the bus station please?"

"I can't make my appointment I was drunk when I made it"

"I can't find the bus stop, could you pick me up from the bus station please?"

"I can't make my appointment I was drunk when I made it"

Both brilliant!! :)

These are hilarious!!

I had a new client a few weeks back, had been booked in by a family member as a birthday treat. She didn't show, however she called me about half an hour later to apologise. Her husband had taken her to the car lot in the morning as a surprise and told her to pick one out. She'd been so excited about her new car she forgot the appointment.

I forgave her, she said it was the first time she had ever had a brand new car and got overwhelmed, and she re-booked for the following week. Turned up on time and was a lovely client.

15 mins before the appointment 'Can't come for my tan today, my benefits haven't come through'. :mad: Really?

15 mins before the appointment 'Can't come for my tan today, my benefits haven't come through'. :mad: Really?

So glad to see that my hard earned tax money is going towards feeding the needy!

I remember years ago my sister had just started doing a lady's nails she'd done her prep and glued the tips on when the lady received a phone call and rushed from the salon,with tips still at their full length. They later found out her husband had suffered a heart attack and he later passed away and to this day the lady can't remember how she got those nails off. This is going back around 11 years and she still comes fortnightly to this day..

Had a client ring on a Tuesday last week asking for Thursday at 11.30 for her and friend, as they were desperate and had to be done for the same weekend , so thursday 11.30 came i was waiting .... Waiting some more text her eventually after 20 minutes and I get a text back saying sorry meant next Thursday .... Ah liar .... A few days later have another text off the same client can I book for Friday?? Sent a message back all I have is Thursday 11.30am ... Still can't believe they showed up !!

i had a lady booked in for an hours pamper package at 1pm one day and she rang me at 1.05pm to say she cant find the salon and that she was outside mcdonalds at the opposite side of the salon in the square which is approx 1mins walk so i directed her about 3 times after her ringing back it then got to 1.25pm and my colleage went for her lunch to mcdonalds and seen my customer in there, 1.50pm she strolled in stuffing her face with a burger!

I had a lady book an appt for 11am for shellac. 11am comes and goes, called her at 11.15, she answers, I asked her if she was coming and all flustered she responds, I'm sorry I'm running late, I'll be there in 5 mins is that ok. I said that fine as long as she is not too far off.

Waited, waited no show. Next day I receive this text- Hey sorry this is the message I tried sending u yesterday sorry I wasnt thinking straight.... Hey sorry u caught me at a bad time I am so sorry in a important meeting totally forgot!!! I am so sorry can I cancel I dnt want to mess u around!!! I will pay for the time if that's ok?

I was miffed on how to respond to it. I don't really want the bother of taking money it was more my energy as I'm very sick with sinus infections so getting ready for the appt (only one for the day) and getting the house clean was a pain in the a** lol!

I've had that one - must be Gloucestershire!

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using SalonGeek

Omg that's shocking, maybe her benefits should stop going through if she's able to spend it on beauty treatments grrrr

Even people who work hard can't afford it, really annoys me! x

An hour before she was due in for a crystal pedi last week I get a message on FB "sorry i cant come today im having to babysit my sick grandad"

About 30mins later I see her fb status pop up on my fb news feed "Having a great time shopping with my friend xxxxxx (cant remember name lol) just bought an ipad cant wait to get home and play with it .

Very frustrating as Id booked out 2 1/2 hours and couldn't fill the spot at such short notice and I did try :) x

I had a lady once that phoned to cancel on a busy (very sunny) saturday, an hour before her appointment. Her excuse was she was on the beach and wanted to make the most of the sun!! I politely said that we would have to charge her and 'isnt it lovely that you can spend your saturday's on the beach'...with a (not so) joking laugh!

An hour before she was due in for a crystal pedi last week I get a message on FB "sorry i cant come today im having to babysit my sick grandad"

About 30mins later I see her fb status pop up on my fb news feed "Having a great time shopping with my friend xxxxxx (cant remember name lol) just bought an ipad cant wait to get home and play with it .

Very frustrating as Id booked out 2 1/2 hours and couldn't fill the spot at such short notice and I did try :) x

what would she do if her grandad really did get sick?

I hate when clients/people make excuses up like this! especially when they use children, don't ever tempt fate with your kids! ever.

Always reminds me of something a friend said to her boss to get out of going to work because she wanted to go to a camping festival 'I can't come in for a few days as my dad is seriously ill in hospital' .......

A few months later her dad got pneumonia & ended up in intensive care (he did live, but only just) I never reminded her of the lie she'd told but I couldn't help thinking about it.

That's a lie that definetly bit her on the bum!

Latest posts

Back